Grow Room what size fan and filter for a small grow tent

Reaction score
Ive got a 60x60x140 cm tent and was wondering what size fan and filter I need to get ?

Has anyone got any recommendations ?

I’ll be using a 300 watt led light and will be growing in soil

You will be fine with a 4" fan/filter. I have been using Vortex fans and Phresh filters for years and have zero problems.

@Lordhonkyconcord do you plan on up-sizing anytime in the near future? I ask because if you get a 6" fan with built in speed control you can run it slower now and faster in the future to accommodate a larger tent only spending the money once. I did one grow in a tent your size then upgraded immediately and had to buy everything all over.

@Lordhonkyconcord do you plan on up-sizing anytime in the near future? I ask because if you get a 6" fan with built in speed control you can run it slower now and faster in the future to accommodate a larger tent only spending the money once. I did one grow in a tent your size then upgraded immediately and had to buy everything all over.
Thanks for the reply. I’d love to go bigger in the future but I haven’t got the space

I was wonderin I'm growing in a 4x4 it's packed out at the minute... I have purchased a 6 inch extractor filter and fan rhino pro, what size inline would I need would a 4 inch be ok? appreciate any advise thanks

My setup is a 2x4x6 tent with 4" centrifugal fan pushing outside fresh air into tent, and another 4" exhausting through a 4 " carbon filter. I've run this for years with a 400w hps cooltube and recently changed over to led and cobs. Much easier to control temps.

Back