West coast OG kush by fastbuds

Reaction score
I have a almost a 5 week old west coast OG autoflower that im growing in black and gold natural and organic in a 3 gallon pot. I’ve been giving her nothing but distilled bottle water for the first 2.5 weeks and then started giving distilled bottle water with CalMag at 1/4th strength. I’ve noticed all of this on the top growth and some of these brown dots on the bottom leaves. I justed started giving her Humboldts secert base A and and base B 3 days ago. The temps are around 72-76 degrees Fahrenheit and the RH is between 52-58. She’s starting to preflower also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
Looks like the Cal-mag upset the balance of nutrients in the pot. You should always fertigate with balanced nutrients and not a single element. When you fertigate make sure every element is included within the rates on this chart. As an example you could have 100 PPM Nitrogen, 40 PPM of Phosphorus, 200 PPM Potassium and 140 PPM Calcium and 70 PPM of Magnesium and this nutrient solution would be in balance. (the minors are generally in your base nutrients in sufficient amounts.

Nutrient Guide.jpg

tox-lockout.jpg

ScreenHunter_180 Feb. 22 22.16.jpg

These show how complex the interactions of the elements are and how effect each other.

If you just put Cal-Mag into the pot it is 100% of that fertigation and will wash the balanced nutrients away from the roots causing a lock-out. They do not mix like in water when in soil or coco.

Just be sure to feed in balance from now on.

So instead of just using CalMag in the water I need to mix my other nutes with it also?
You got it. I always started off with calmag first then base nutes. Are you checking and adjusting the ph when you water and feed? If the ph is off your plant wont take up the nutrients it needs either. In soil you shud always adjust between 6 and 7 ph. In hydro/soilless/coco 5.5 To 6.5 ph.

The water is ph’ed to 6.5 after at add the nutes. So I’ve been keeping an eye on the ph, that’s why I was curious as to what was going on. Appreciate the tips and info though bro. It’s highly appreciated.

Start off slow 1/4 recommended dose of nutrients on young plants. Work your way up to half way when they need it in a couple weeks. Gotta have the micro and macro nutrients available to the plant for her to function right. By adding calmag and base nutes your good to go. What kind of water are you using? Tap or ro or distilled or what? And what kinda cal mag supplement you feeding with?

Yea when I started first giving the bloom nutes I started with 1/4th recommend amount of Humboldts secert base a and base b. I’m using bottled distilled water that I get from the store in gallon jugs. I use botanicare CalMag plus.

Sorry for the lack of detail and short sentences in my last reply, I just wanted to get in a quick reply while I’m at work, lol. So I apologize if I seem direct and rude. Appreciate you taking the time to help me out, it means a lot to me brother!

Do you have a ppm meter? When I added GH calimagic when I grew in hydro dwc. I wud take 0ppm reverse Osmosis water from my system and add 150ppm (.500 scale) of calimagic then add my base nutes. I always added that much cal mag every feeding start to finish then my base nutrients. To me it looked like either a ph fluctuation or calmag issue. But if your ph is in check I dont know. Have you tested runoff water for ph from your soil? Only other thing I can think of. If you run beneficial bacteria you can have a wider range of ph fluctuation and your plants can still absorb nutrients. I use real growers recharge but theres lots of other products out there you can brew your own teas as well. I'm not trying to promote what I use, just stating what I use myself.

Back