Welcome To WonderLand...

ok guys we got some great rhizomorphic mycellium going on in the Cambodian bags! The old spores i used must have been bad from improper storage:face: o well i got the other 2 new ones in the fridge so ive learned from that mistake haha. i will let them colonise maybe another week and then i will squeeze and breakup the bags to aid in faster colonization of mycellium.:muahaha:
DSCN4194.JPG
DSCN4195.JPG
DSCN4196.JPG
DSCN4197.JPG
DSCN4198.JPG
FSCN4224.JPG
DSCN4200.JPG

ok guys we got some great rhizomorphic mycellium going on in the Cambodian bags! The old spores i used must have been bad from improper storage:face: o well i got the other 2 new ones in the fridge so ive learned from that mistake haha. i will let them colonise maybe another week and then i will squeeze and breakup the bags to aid in faster colonization of mycellium.:muahaha:View attachment 644852 View attachment 644851 View attachment 644850 View attachment 644849 View attachment 644848 View attachment 644847 View attachment 644844
Keep going... never seen this before

here it is @Dr. Babnik, Be lost no more!!!!:pass:
Yeah!
I like fungus.
Never studied plants at school. Only animals. After becomming a grower, I also got interested in everything I missed in biology...plants and mushrooms.

:pass:

ok so today i crumbled the colonized grain in the bags because it was about 65-70% colonized. I do this to speed up colonization . by doing this its is like having multiple inoculation points, but be careful to not do this part too early or you could stunt Mycelial Colonization . Here are the cambodian cubensis bags that i just crumbled.
DSCN4312.JPG
DSCN4313.JPG
DSCN4314.JPG
And here are the Mexi-Cubes, they are colonizing a little slower than the cambodians did but they are colonizing none the less!

DSCN4315.JPG
DSCN4316.JPG
DSCN4317.JPG

I will be preparing my monotub this coming weekend i think
:zen:

ok guys so today im making the mono tub and spawning the grain to my bulk substrate (coco and vermiculite) Im being forced to do this a day earlier than planned because something came up. so here it is
The mono tub is a 70 Qt/ 66L tub with holes drilled out with a 1.5" hole saw.
DSCN4411.JPG
DSCN4410.JPG
DSCN4409.JPG

i put 1 reptile coco brick (650grams) and 2 quarts of Verm into a 5gal bucket and boiled 4.5 quarts of water and dumped that into the bucket with the coco and verm and sealed the lid...
DSCN4406.JPG
DSCN4408.JPG
After 30-45 mins i opened it up and stirred it so it was mixed well and put the lid back on for 3 hrs. this pasteurized or sterilizes ( i cant remember which) your substrate so that there is no contaminants/mold. heres the bags as of yesterday, im not gonna take pics today due to lack of time.
DSCN4404.JPG
DSCN4403.JPG
DSCN4402.JPG
DSCN4401.JPG

the 2 that are only about 85-90% colonized are pretty much done today, even though i would usually give the bags 1 more day so due to time constraints i gotta do them a day early. i will get pics up shortly when i spawn my grain spawn to the bulk substrate which im about to do now

ok so im now about 225 miles from the tub and i will be until monday but luckily i brought the camera with me so i could at least upload the pic of the tub. What i did was wait till the bulk substrate was 80-90*F before i added the spawn. this is not all the coco from the 5 gal bucket, there is still some in the bucket that we will use for a top layer tocover the bulk substrate after we mix the spawn and bulk substrate together.
DSCN4412.JPG
After mixing the spawn and bulk sub. and then topping with a layer of coco we left in the bucket to lightly "blanket" the mixed substrate and spawn. Having an even substrate is CRUCIAL to have an even pin set. I did this tub the best i could in a rush. i forgot to mention that your substrate need to be atleast 3" for cubensis mushrooms and the drilled out holes are right at the 3" line as you can see it scribed on the tub.I also placed a black trash bag on the bottom of the tub before i added the spawn and coco to not allow light on the bottoms and first 3 inches. this stops side pinning/mushrooms growing on the sides of the tub instead of the top ground
DSCN4413.JPG
DSCN4414.JPG

Back