Indoor Welcome to The Savage Garden

I made my first ever vid and stuck it on instagram...........it was shit so i took it down and made another one..........its not quite as shit

have a watch and meet my voice...........savagedwc

its of a Cream Caramel auto by Sweet Seeds, she was supposed to be DWC but my schedule forced me to relegate her to soil

she looks like this irl and i need to improve my video making skills because im not doing her justice in the vid

20180411_082843-jpg.890522

Auto Mazar...41 days since first leaves and looking superb. I took about 20 leaves off which has exposed loads of bud sites.

Not flowering yet but will be by day 49............the packet said seed to weed in 10 weeks............hahhahahahhahahaha.

This plant could easily take 4.5 months from when it was actually a seed

20180411_105855.jpg

20180411_105907.jpg

20180411_105931.jpg

What do you think are the reasons for shorter or longer veg period before preflower and flower? Does hydro give the massive space to make the plants think that they have a fantastic environment, so grow huge before flowering? Or same for large soil pots? And vice versa, do small pots make the plant think few resources so better flower faster?

Would like to hear your thoughts on this, esp with a 49 day Auto Mazar that is barely flowering.... :p

What do you think are the reasons for shorter or longer veg period before preflower and flower? Does hydro give the massive space to make the plants think that they have a fantastic environment, so grow huge before flowering? Or same for large soil pots? And vice versa, do small pots make the plant think few resources so better flower faster?

Would like to hear your thoughts on this, esp with a 49 day Auto Mazar that is barely flowering.... :p

It may be because im at 24/0 nearly all the time. Occasionally the light goes off when our electric meter runs out of credit and i turn it off for a couple of hours on a sunday. Theres a lot of variety in the flowering times, ive had plants flower spontaneously with their first leaves like Blue Mango or on the other hand Think Different which took 68 days. i like the longer veg time, 5 - 6 weeks is just about right for me.

Plants dont think anything, you are just trying to provide the optimum environment in all areas, unrestricted rool growth is important in the size and vigour of most plants.

The key to what i do is putting age on the plants without size, build a good root structure....the first 4 inches is vital. Grow a huge trunk and establish lots of bud sites. Then when you are ready ..BOOM...hit her with it. I get it wrong all the time and ive been trying for 7 months...all the strains are different and some really dont suit this system at all.

Dont worry about the leaves at all for the first 3 weeks, all the action needs to be below ground. My seeds go in about 2 inches of soil with pebbles underneath. Before i DWC them i want all that mesh pot to be root bound, ready for some room and nutrients.

The pictures tell the rest of the story and when Mazar is done i will show some pics of the skeleton or manifold that is inside the plant. I caught a glimpse of the main stem this morning and i actually said " fucking hell" out loud to myself......its big and will get bigger over the next 10 weeks.

stem off 7 oz Think Different

root.PNG

Anesthesia.....8 oz

20180320_080243.jpg

Oh crap! I just realised you're doing hydro. This'll still work in coco though right?

Sent from a rock in the sea!

wont be much different at all i expect.

It may be because im at 24/0 nearly all the time. Occasionally the light goes off when our electric meter runs out of credit and i turn it off for a couple of hours on a sunday. Theres a lot of variety in the flowering times, ive had plants flower spontaneously with their first leaves like Blue Mango or on the other hand Think Different which took 68 days. i like the longer veg time, 5 - 6 weeks is just about right for me.

Plants dont think anything, you are just trying to provide the optimum environment in all areas, unrestricted rool growth is important in the size and vigour of most plants.

The key to what i do is putting age on the plants without size, build a good root structure....the first 4 inches is vital. Grow a huge trunk and establish lots of bud sites. Then when you are ready ..BOOM...hit her with it. I get it wrong all the time and ive been trying for 7 months...all the strains are different and some really dont suit this system at all.

Dont worry about the leaves at all for the first 3 weeks, all the action needs to be below ground. My seeds go in about 2 inches of soil with pebbles underneath. Before i DWC them i want all that mesh pot to be root bound, ready for some room and nutrients.

The pictures tell the rest of the story and when Mazar is done i will show some pics of the skeleton or manifold that is inside the plant. I caught a glimpse of the main stem this morning and i actually said " fucking hell" out loud to myself......its big and will get bigger over the next 10 weeks.

stem off 7 oz Think Different

View attachment 890718

Anesthesia.....8 oz

View attachment 890719

wont be much different at all i expect.

Thanks, hombre! Mine have slowed down for a bit after the top.
At least, slowed down above ground, roots should still be filling out.
Also trying to get a few good laterals coming out before first pistils.
Then, the stretch will fill up my space.

Gotta get those extra little supplementary lights soon.....

Back