New Grower Welcome to billythekid's 150W HPS Grow!!! Auto Critical Mass? Or is it... Tune in for more.

Reaction score
:welcome:

Hello AFN! Welcome to my first indoor grow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Please make yourselves at home :smoking: any and all criticism, suggestions, tricks or tips are encouraged!

So let's jump right into it AFN
My setup is as follows:
Seed - A free seeds pack from my order, Critical Mass Auto, unknown breeder. It was mentioned on the promo on the site i ordered from but i can't remember:doh::smoking:

Grow space dimensions - 18"width x 52"length x 48"height
grow space is a shelving unit wrapped with heat reflective emergency blankets. Heat reflective sleeping pads on floor and wall.

Lights- 1 - 150HPS Sunsystem, 2- 6500k 48"T5HO Sunblaster
Soil/Meduim- Lambert's Potting mix includes: Canadian sphagnum peat moss/ dolomitic limestone/calcitic limestome/horticultural perlite, and earth worm castings in 5GAL buckets.
Nutrients- Botonicare pure blend pro grow, bloom, sweet citrus. Also been using collected rainwater.

So as the story goes, these girls started out life soaking 24hrs in distilled water stored in a dark warm place. After 24hrs the seed has cracked and tap root visible. Soaked my medium in 5 gal buckets right through and placed in grow area to warm for a few hrs. Dropped seed directly into soil, misted and cover with plastic film for humidity - lights on. 2 days go by and I get home from work, pop, seeds are germinated and sprouted! Yay! I had to help one shed its shell. Here is a vague description of my activities up until now.

Week 1- 250ml watering on day 3 with superthrive, otherwise misted everyday.

Week 2- Day 8, misted everyday, no water yet as pre-soaked soil is still very very wet. Growing slow and steady. Day 14 half gallon water with 1/2 dose of veg nutes and sweet citrus and superthrive. pots are very light and dry . Sometime during this week I stick 1 organic fert spike halfway into each bucket.

Week 3- Growth rate increases, a couple sets of leaves about 3 or 4 inches in height, and 500ml watering on day 15 superthrive. Day 21 plants are taking off, buckets are feeling pretty light soil is very dry. Half gallon water. with veg nutes and sweet citrus, LST bowl training. While training I break a few stems.

Week 4 - Plants are well watered and enjoying life. Respond well to LST and are growing fast. No signs of flower or white pistil hairs around day 31 I water with 1 gallon Full strength nutes veg/bloom/sweet citrus.

Week 5- Day 39 Flush 2 gallons+ for each bucket. Girls respond well and are very perky.

That brings me to today day 43, still no signs of flowering, no white hairs or white pistils. Now for the big question, Does anyone still think this is an autoflowering critical mass? Would love to hear all opinions on the matter. Lights have been on 24/0 the whole grow

Thanks in advance everyone for who has helped already with my questions. Hope you enjoy the rest of the grow! :pass:

DAY 39
20170106_120350.jpg

Last edited:
:welcome:

Hello AFN! Welcome to my first indoor grow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Please make yourselves at home :smoking: any and all criticism, suggestions, tricks or tips are encouraged!

So let's jump right into it AFN
My setup is as follows:
Seed - A free seeds pack from my order, Critical Mass Auto, unknown breeder. It was mentioned on the promo on the site i ordered from but i can't remember:doh::smoking:

Grow space dimensions - 18"width x 52"length x 48"height
grow space is a shelving unit wrapped with heat reflective emergency blankets. Heat reflective sleeping pads on floor and wall.

Lights- 1 - 150HPS Sunsystem, 2- 6500k 48"T5HO Sunblaster
Soil/Meduim- Lambert's Potting mix includes: Canadian sphagnum peat moss/ dolomitic limestone/calcitic limestome/horticultural perlite, and earth worm castings in 5GAL buckets.
Nutrients- Botonicare pure blend pro grow, bloom, sweet citrus. Also been using collected rainwater.

So as the story goes, these girls started out life soaking 24hrs in distilled water stored in a dark warm place. After 24hrs the seed has cracked and tap root visible. Soaked my medium in 5 gal buckets right through and placed in grow area to warm for a few hrs. Dropped seed directly into soil, misted and cover with plastic film for humidity - lights on. 2 days go by and I get home from work, pop, seeds are germinated and sprouted! Yay! I had to help one shed its shell. Here is a vague description of my activities up until now.

Week 1- 250ml watering on day 3 with superthrive, otherwise misted everyday.

Week 2- Day 8, misted everyday, no water yet as pre-soaked soil is still very very wet. Growing slow and steady. Day 14 half gallon water with 1/2 dose of veg nutes and sweet citrus and superthrive. pots are very light and dry . Sometime during this week I stick 1 organic fert spike halfway into each bucket.

Week 3- Growth rate increases, a couple sets of leaves about 3 or 4 inches in height, and 500ml watering on day 15 superthrive. Day 21 plants are taking off, buckets are feeling pretty light soil is very dry. Half gallon water. with veg nutes and sweet citrus, LST bowl training. While training I break a few stems.

Week 4 - Plants are well watered and enjoying life. Respond well to LST and are growing fast. No signs of flower or white pistil hairs around day 31 I water with 1 gallon Full strength nutes veg/bloom/sweet citrus.

Week 5- Day 39 Flush 2 gallons+ for each bucket. Girls respond well and are very perky.

That brings me to today day 43, still no signs of flowering, no white hairs or white pistils. Now for the big question, Does anyone still think this is an autoflowering critical mass? Would love to hear all opinions on the matter.

Thanks in advance everyone for who has helped already with my questions. Hope you enjoy the rest of the grow! :pass:

DAY 39
View attachment 684821

man, I had two this season(not your strain) that grew forever and didn't build bud. Did make hair after too long, but never put two together to make a bud. In my grow if no preflower by day 43 I'm thinking dud.

Back