Week 3 leaf discoloration

Reaction score
It's week 3 and 2 autoflowers are showing leaf discoloration.
Coco/peat/vermiculite with Dr. Earth amended at less than half strength.
Closet with one fan.
14 100 watt equivalent LED bulbs 40k and 30k.
Temps 76F
RH: 54%

Soil holds a lot of water. Watering 1 to 2 times a week.
Soil pH: 6.5

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20200102_170601700.jpg
    IMG_20200102_170601700.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200102_170554411.jpg
    IMG_20200102_170554411.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20200102_170520197.jpg
    IMG_20200102_170520197.jpg
    951.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20200102_170516497.jpg
    IMG_20200102_170516497.jpg
    964.6 KB · Views: 88
Is the leaf tissue indented at the discoloration site? Hard to see in the pics.

Are you growing in inert medium, soil or some mix you came up with? You cite growing in inert medium, "coco/peat/vermiculite," but then state "Soil holds a lot of water....Soil pH: 6.5." What Dr. Earth product are you referring to amending with - a fertilizer or soil? If a soil, that could have been a mistake, depending on the ratios used.

Others are more expert, but it seems most efforts to amend coco or other inert mediums by adding organic soil just don't generally work out that well. Illustrating that problem, you cite feeding "soil" at 6.5, but coco needs 5.8-6.

Are you growing in inert medium, soil or some mix you came up with? You cite growing in inert medium, "coco/peat/vermiculite," but then state "Soil holds a lot of water....Soil pH: 6.5." What Dr. Earth product are you referring to amending with - a fertilizer or soil? If a soil, that could have been a mistake, depending on the ratios used.

Others are more expert, but it seems most efforts to amend coco or other inert mediums by adding organic soil just don't generally work out that well. Illustrating that problem, you cite feeding "soil" at 6.5, but coco needs 5.8-6.
It's Coco/peat

You feed 1 to 2 times a week i feed daily but for every 2L of feed i get run off at 1/4 so 500ml ish do you have good drainage in the pots?
My coco ph is at 6.2 currently day 34 in flower no issues at all i start at 5.5 and work up slowly she will be dropped again to 6.0 later

Not got alot of auto experience but to me seems like a nute problem check your run off ph and ppm levels it will give you a better idea how to fix the issue

You feed 1 to 2 times a week i feed daily but for every 2L of feed i get run off at 1/4 so 500ml ish do you have good drainage in the pots?
My coco ph is at 6.2 currently day 34 in flower no issues at all i start at 5.5 and work up slowly she will be dropped again to 6.0 later

Not got alot of auto experience but to me seems like a nute problem check your run off ph and ppm levels it will give you a better idea how to fix the issue
will that work with dry organic nutes?
I've only fed them once

i put less than half strength dr. earth grow and bloom in the coco mix

Attachments

• dr_earth bloom.jpg
    dr_earth bloom.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 44
  • dr earth grow.jpg
    dr earth grow.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 57
i put less than half strength dr. earth grow and bloom in the coco mix
So to your coco you added both organic an "All Purpose" and a generic tomato/vegatable/herb fertilizer. I don't see how/why you call these 2 products "grow and bloom," with both being all-purpose. Did you add "less than half strength" of each (both), which could total near a full dose?

Do you treat this mix as coco/inert or soil/living? Either way or any lame compromises in between, there are likely to be problems. With the majority coco/inert, your pHing for soil (6.5 vs. 5.8-6) could be a source of problems. And with your not having living soil and not reporting supplementing with beneficial microbes in mostly coco I don't think you can expect organic (vs. 'synthetic') nutes to be optimally bioavailable to the plants. Hopefully, some actual experts will comment.

Last edited:
So to your coco you added both organic an "All Purpose" and a generic tomato/vegatable/herb fertilizer. I don't see how/why you call these 2 products "grow and bloom," with both being all-purpose. Did you add "less than half strength" of each (both), which could total near a full dose?

Do you treat this mix as coco/inert or soil/living? Either way or any lame compromises in between, there are likely to be problems. With the majority coco/inert, your pHing for soil (6.5 vs. 5.8-6) could be a ur not hsource of problems. And awith yoving majority living soil and not reporting supplementing with beneficial microbes, in mostly coco I don't think you caexn pect organic (vs. 'synthetic') nutes to be optimally bioavailable to the plants. Hopefully, some actual experts will comment.
no. i used both at a little under a quarter. and i just call them grow and bloom for the sake of typing. so if anything they are under-nuted. thanks though

Back