Photoperiod Wedding Cake BX1 Adventure

Most of the information out on the web is incorrect. I was not bred by the Jersey Boys and is not GSCxCherry Pie although these are in it based on seedfinder.eu. It says right on the package what it is. Original Wedding Cake by Seed Junky Genetics is Triangle Kush x Triangle Mints. I cannot find it right now but I saw an analysis at 32% THC. Pictures are of the frostiest buds I have ever seen. I am drooling just thinking about it.

Change of plans. I am running low on my Moby Dick CBD supply. I really need high CBD strains for pain management. The Wedding Cake BX1 are regular seeds which causes some issues in getting a full grow to optimize the energy usage. I will be culling at least 50% of the males. So here is the new plan - a feminised seed run. I will germinate 4 WC and 2 Dinafem Dinamed CBD seeds. With any luck I will get 2 female WC and the Dinamed are feminised already. Then I will use colloidal silver to force some pollen on one cola of each strain and then self pollinate 2 colas and cross pollinate one cola of each strain. The idea here is to expand my seed count, experiment with a cross and get some high CBD buds for my stash. This is going to be tricky based on the timing of the pollen. Lots of fun and for sure something to learn.

I finally got off my lazy arse and I am cleaning up the grow room and rebuilding the drip system. Pictures later today.

I bought a stronger pump to be sure I am pressurizing all of the emitters equally even though I am using pressure compensating emitters it is important that they all get the same amount of output. I changed to the FloraFlex Floracap 2.0 caps so I can see the water dripping out of each emitter. This cap style will make it easy to top feed the Algen Extract; I do not want to put that in my reservoir and run it through the drip system. The vinyl distribution hose needed to be heated in boiling water and then stretched and cooled so it would remain straight. I ran out of daylight so will continue tomorrow.
drip3.jpg

pcd.jpg
drip2.jpg
drip1.jpg

All of the new plumbing is complete. The drippers are all working and they appear to be equal (to lazy to actually measure them). I reset the volume level in the reservoir to accommodate the new taller pump; testing the volume now. I will be starting the seeds tonight or tomorrow morning.

pump1.jpg

Subbed up man! I'm saving up to get some wedding cake seeds or maybe a gelato or sherbet strain... so many great west coast choices right now!

Subbed up man! I'm saving up to get some wedding cake seeds or maybe a gelato or sherbet strain... so many great west coast choices right now!
Welcome, I am going to be trying some new stuff on this run. It should be fun.

Here we grow again.......................

This is the nutrient regime for this grow:
wc3.jpg

My reservoir holds 10 gallons now. The spreadsheet shows the amounts (from Dyna-Gro, H&G and AN) of each nutrient per gallon at 100% strength. I will start there. If I notice any nutrient burn I can just change the percentage down and the calculations are done for me keeping everything in balance.

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

I intend to veg for 4 weeks.

After calibrating my PH pen I mixed up one gallon of the "seed" week and PHed to 5.7. GroDan says to PH the A-Ok blocks to 5.5 but they are so small they really don't change the nutrient mix. Not so with the Hugo's that need to be conditioned at 5.5 before use. Dyna-Gro is recommending 6.1 to 6.8 for cannabis now so my target will be 6.2. I am adding the H&G Algen Extract not for scientific reasons but because I have grown organically for 40+ years and love what kelp meal has done for my garden over the years. It just feels good and I think it will add to the flavor of my product. The AN Flawless Finish makes sense to me and I have it from my last grow.

wc4.jpg

wc5.jpg
wc6.jpg
wc7.jpg

Back