Just got into flood and drain myself and really liking it. I water 6 times a day for 30 minutes each. Also have dwc which as we all know stays in constant contact with nutrient solution. Coco I prefer to hand water. Every 2-3 days during veg and daily during flower.
Coco every 2-3 day? what size are Pots? an do you mix perlite? or its pure coco? i do so fu**in mistake. first time dialing with coco in 2 gal. fabric pots 60/40 coco/perlite mix. watering them is real pain in the a** )))

Thank you for saying so, I'm pretty simple minded so it was the best I could come up with. Took a while of course, had to make sure first all the fancy stuff was really above my pay grade, but that's being lazy and simple for ya haha.... Are you by any chance in the market for Autopots , Airpots and such, I can offer some simple volume prices :crying:

I did spend some time considering a way to get air into the trays, very flat airstones, paddle wheels, various venturi thingies, and a few other outlandish ways, but it wasn't so simple to figure out how to simply agitate a vanishing shallow pool of water, I actually consulted @pop22 about this possible oxygen debacle but drew a blank there too haha..... How to keep it simply tubeless, cableless, noiseless, snagless, powerless, pumpless, expenseless and mindless, simples, do nothing :cools:

I think the large surface area of the tray and refilling every 2-3 days plus the netpots working as Airpots on hormones does the oxygen job adequately. Even pouring in 40-50 l for depth of 5-6 cm when going away for 4-5 days seems to ignore any Oxy deficits haha
I do keep the two 75 l reservoirs(grow +flower) I fill from aerated and each has a small pond pump with a riser tube and bell fountain head at the end like this View attachment 1053445

Aye, I'm OK with me oxylevels even though the trays are not agitated methinks haha

Here's some recent tray adventures in no particular order

View attachment 1053468
View attachment 1053450 View attachment 1053451
View attachment 1053453
View attachment 1053454 View attachment 1053455
View attachment 1053464

Brotha You are MAGICIAN!!!!!! Real, MAGICIAN with No LIE!!! Did you put some clay pebbles at the bottom? and one more question you grow like that from Seed?or few weeks hand water?

Coco every 2-3 day? what size are Pots? an do you mix perlite? or its pure coco? i do so fu**in mistake. first time dialing with coco in 2 gal. fabric pots 60/40 coco/perlite mix. watering them is real pain in the a** )))
100% coco, 3gal pots. Every 2-3 days is just for the first 3 weeks or so while the plants are small. But in my grow room I find that water doesnt dissipate fast, which allows me to water less frequently while keeping the medium moist. Sometimes I allow a dry period to let the roots search for water but that's usually if I'm too high to tend the garden lol

Try it Tony21's way and use your fabric pots. Get a tray, fill it with enough solution to last 2-3 days. I've been trying this and I let the tray go dry for a day or two then flood it again. Worked pretty well. He must be doing something right, he grows monster plants!

QUOTE="Weedeep, post: 2097023, member: 40012"]Coco every 2-3 day? what size are Pots? an do you mix perlite? or its pure coco? i do so fu**in mistake. first time dialing with coco in 2 gal. fabric pots 60/40 coco/perlite mix. watering them is real pain in the a** )))[/QUOTE]

100% coco, 3gal pots. Every 2-3 days is just for the first 3 weeks or so while the plants are small. But in my grow room I find that water doesnt dissipate fast, which allows me to water less frequently while keeping the medium moist. Sometimes I allow a dry period to let the roots search for water but that's usually if I'm too high to tend the garden lol
and you get hydro level in yield?

Try it Tony21's way and use your fabric pots. Get a tray, fill it with enough solution to last 2-3 days. I've been trying this and I let the tray go dry for a day or two then flood it again. Worked pretty well. He must be doing something right, he grows monster plants!

QUOTE="Weedeep, post: 2097023, member: 40012"]Coco every 2-3 day? what size are Pots? an do you mix perlite? or its pure coco? i do so fu**in mistake. first time dialing with coco in 2 gal. fabric pots 60/40 coco/perlite mix. watering them is real pain in the a** )))
[/QUOTE]

yeas i think its one of the simplyest and budget auto watering style!!! i will try for shure

Brotha You are MAGICIAN!!!!!! Real, MAGICIAN with No LIE!!! Did you put some clay pebbles at the bottom? and one more question you grow like that from Seed?or few weeks hand water?

A magician..... I don't think so, someone who nags a lot and tell me what and how to grow much better like a pro still doesn't go quiet when a spell is cast on her, ALL I'll admit to is bringing water and being simple-minded haha

No, I don't do pebbles or full moons as drainage, why, it's just an old myth it does anything good. At best it doesn't do any harm, look here https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/apr/28/nine-gardening-myths-debunked

I reuse my coco over and over without any cleaning rinse or flushing, the first week or so they just get plain tap water, then they go into a tray with normal feed. I never change my feed strength, whether grow or flower, if there is any issues with a plant, I place it in a small tray in the big tray and adjust if beeded, any spill over just runs into the big tray, simples really haha, a tray in tray or TIT as she who nags don't like it to be called :crying: see, there is a TITty plant there, I say, and then there's either fancy footwork or a stab of pain!

I never measure anything, I'm too cheap to buy fancy meters and too lazy to keep them calibrated, my eyes do
the jobbie for free except I do have a nice PAR meter I sometimes use with not much insight gained, other than beware any claimed light specs from those who make light, but it's quite good at collecting dust somewhere :smoking:

Here's a recent tray with various babies, toddlers and mothers, some stacking too haha, and some hangpots on the side
CameraZOOM-) 010520191411.jpg

Last edited:
Back