Vortex inline fans?

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Has anyone ever used these?

There’s a vortex “pro” in My local hydro store and wondering f anyone has any info on them? They’re quite hard to find information on.

On the box in the shop it states 47 noise dB. However, I cannot compare it noise wise to my current 5 inch mixed flow ram fan as they do not give noise dB. Whilst checking my ram specs, the cfm rating is up to 285cfm on the box, but when I read everywhere else on the internet including their official site they have a lower rating :crying:

Is the vortex pro loud? Does it move a lot of air?

I couldn’t find this fan on there site:

Also says 47db. I’m just wondering if it’s gonna be too loud for my closet. I have acoustic ducting but I can still hear My shitty ram fan. I think they’re rated at 37db but Its hard to say without the actual specs. Ram doesn’t provide it

I have a feeling that one is going to be loud. Any chance they would unbox it and plug it in so you could hear how loud it is? I also have not used or seen one of their fans in person. It is a compact size compared to a lot of the inline duct fans.

I have a feeling that one is going to be loud. Any chance they would unbox it and plug it in so you could hear how loud it is? I also have not used or seen one of their fans in person. It is a compact size compared to a lot of the inline duct fans.
I have a feeling it’s real noisy too. I can’t afford a cloud line yet, and plus they’re more expensive here in the uk because of importing. Do you have any 5 inch fan recommendations that can move More than 380cfm with low noise? I have around $100 budget

Shoot, I always forget you're in the UK. I've only used the ACInfinity cloudlines, a 4" and a 6", they are both very quiet. I had looked at TerraBloom fans also. They have some they list as "silent." I don't know what the shipping or availability might be.

380cfm is a lot of air to move. I run my 70cmx70cm tent with the 4" fan on speed 1 continuously and that only pulls 47-ish cfm. I suspect you would need at least a 6" fan to hit near 400cfm. My new 120x120cm tent I have the 6" fan and leave it on speed 1 continuously. I bought the controller,sensors, etc.. but just leaving it on 1 seems to keep everything pretty happy.

Hello @MrAutoGrower i grow in my bed room in growdrobe i use this fan very quit i can hear my clip on fans over it
its by far the quietest i have used :smoking: :smoking:
Screenshot_20220226_141250_app.tools.soundmeter.decibel.noisedetector.jpg

This is the 5 inch fan

Last edited:
Terra Bloom fans are quiet as they are equipped with an ecm motor.

I really appreciate all the responses lads. Ac infinity is off the list because it’s out of budget right now.

I don’t get much suction when my ram is attached to filter. So im beginning to think my fan isn’t powerful enough.

It may be that my tiny passive intake is too small. But, the filter doesn’t really suck up vape smoke. So my humidity is hovering around 63-70. It’s barely ever 70 but i want to knock it down to at least 55 or less

Back