5” Extractor Fan Suggestions

With the rubber one, you would prob need a cuff. A 6” long x 5” dia galvanized steel coupler that you would affix to inside of 5” end of rubber reducer then affix 5” ducting to outside of coupler…

Imperial 5 in. D X 6 in. D Galvanized Steel Furnace Pipe Reducer
Item # 48644| Mfr #GV1358

(0)
wishlist Image

image-1

Tap to view

$9.99
Estimated Ace Logo

See Details
Estimated Points Earned: 99

Galvanized steel, inflexible. They have aluminum for trucks but expensive…$50-61 USD​

MAn you’re a legend! Do I just remove my default connector that comes with my 6” fan that I will be buying and use a fast clamp or something to attach the new connector? The fan I am buying comes with small plastic clips that are used to attach the connectors. So I just remove that and somehow try connect the new one to the 6” fan? Will I also need a 6” fast clamp or a 5”?

I am buying 6” fan, and want to connect it to 5” duct and run out my 5” vent

Fan I Am buying:
B3E2A0D6-9A65-4E29-BDA4-AE145C5B08C2.jpeg

MAn you’re a legend! Do I just remove my default connector that comes with my 6” fan that I will be buying and use a fast clamp or something to attach the new connector? The fan I am buying comes with small plastic clips that are used to attach the connectors. So I just remove that and somehow try connect the new one to the 6” fan? Will I also need a 6” fast clamp or a 5”?

I am buying 6” fan, and want to connect it to 5” duct and run out my 5” vent

Fan I Am buying:
View attachment 1421691
I think just two hose clamps would do, the screw style. For the ducting and attaching flange to both
1645210074613.jpeg

You may have to slit metal with snips, clamp tight and duct tape for total seal but should work very well.

I think just two hose clamps would do, the screw style. For the ducting and attaching flange to bothView attachment 1421833
You may have to slit metal with snips, clamp tight and duct tape for total seal but should work very well.
I forgot, that metal adaptor should slip right over the flange for the fan outlet without mods. The ducting end of the adaptor may need to be reduced a smidge for ducting. Just use snips and cut slit. Then you can attach ducting and seal with duct tape.

Excuse the rendering but like this
image.jpg

Not trying to insult your intellect at all, just trying to be helpful and I know a visual representation always helps me!

Excuse the rendering but like thisView attachment 1421841
Not trying to insult your intellect at all, just trying to be helpful and I know a visual representation always helps me!
No no bro dnt worry you have not insulted me. I am aware how to set it up but just making sure if I’ll need a 6” fast clamp for it or 5”. Ur diagram displays 6” so that answers perfectly for me! I’m the one asking questions mate so I’m open to learning and so on. I’ve never had to do this process so that’s why I’ve asked. I really appreciate your diagrams bro!

No no bro dnt worry you have not insulted me. I am aware how to set it up but just making sure if I’ll need a 6” fast clamp for it or 5”. I’m the one asking questions mate so I’m open to learning and so on. I’ve never had to do this process so that’s why I’ve asked. I really appreciate your diagrams bro!
I love DIY and problem solving. If I can make it with minimum expense or from useful “junk” I have… I will build the s@#t out of it! Lol. I think two of those clamps a few posts back would do it. Just make sure to seal with tape for a good seal.

I think my fan might be struggling because I don’t have an active intake. Anyone have any advice on a budget but decent/quiet fan I can use to pull fresh air into closet

Back