Outdoor Vision Seeds Northern Lights Auto First Grow

I almost always use a stick and a couple twist ties for the first few weeks.it helps keep them straight due to wind, dogs lol ect.happy Growin

Well it depends how often it rains - the Epsom Salts will dissolve away in the rain and wash into the soil. Epson is also used to treat Magnesium deficiency so you shouldn't have that problem - it's normally added at about a tablespoon to a gallon of water (but that's to treat deficiency). Once your plants are about 12" high the leaves themselves become pretty indigestible (to my slithering critters anyway). Sometimes I will remove the bottom set of leaves to give them a harder job of getting to the plant - but it depends on how deep i've planted them (the lower leaf sets tend to produce no buds anyway). As others have suggested sharp sand is also a deterrent as this clogs up the mucus layer that snails and slugs employ for motoring about - it also dries out in the sun.

I would avoid using ties and stakes - these girls are gonna have to learn to stand up for themselves in all sorts of weather - small seedlings are better shielded using cut off coke bottle type cylinders - if you tie or stake them it only encourages a weaker stem because the plant doesn't have to support itself - (My opinion only). Even if a plant has been knocked flat it should pick itself up again.

I have a couple of NL Autos in the ground for the last few weeks (crap weather) - will post a couple of pics here later so you can compare.

Last edited:
Taken I think a week ago - just coming into flower. The NL's are on the left in each photo and the ones to the er right are Diesel Ryders.

IMAG0291.jpg IMAG0292.jpg

Last edited:
These pics were taken a couple of days ago, anyone have any ideas as to what been munching on my girl? I covered her in sevin dust and reapplied the coyote urine to the area so hopefully what ever has been Eating them won't be back.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Looks like small munching molluscs (slugs, snails), but not living anywhere near coyote country which doesn't seem to be slug country - hell it could be anything :)

Check for caterpillars which can usually be manually removed and er - relocated.

Back