NEWS Vermont legalizes recreational today (well almost)

wwwillie

AFN Vibe Guardian
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
anything I can get my hands on!
The legislature voted today to allow recreational use for folks over 21. Here is an article from my political blog Dailykos
The Vermont House of Representatives passed a first-of-its-kind bill by a 79-66 vote on Wednesday. If Republican Governor Phil Scott signs the bill it will become legal in July 2018 for Vermonters to carry a small amount of recreational marijuana—making this the first legalization of recreational marijuana law passed by a state legislature in the United States.

Under the legislation, small amounts of marijuana would be legal to possess and grow for anyone over age 21. Larger amounts would remain illegal.

A nine-member commission will develop a proposal to tax and regulate marijuana, and the proposal will be presented to lawmakers next year.

Before Vermont's vote, eight states and the District of Columbia had legalized the recreational use of small amounts of marijuana. The vote by Vermont lawmakers, however, was the first to legalize marijuana separate from a voter initiative.
According to Ballotpedia, Vermont is one of about 23 states that do not offer initiative or referendums to their citizens for vote and so, unlike Colorado and California, this was the only way a law like this could come into effect.

We are getting there!! Add Vermont to the list. That should make NINE!!!

Welcome to the club ♣ from Oregon,glad to hear ,with time I'm hoping more go for it

Welcome to the club ♣ from Oregon,glad to hear ,with time I'm hoping more go for it
Indeed, indeed.
I have had my medical card for a few years, then we went legal in the last election. Good times. The legislators and our repub. Governor are trying to back out of it, but hey it was mandated by the voters, good luck with that!
Now all we need are dispensaries!! Also it would be cool if the NE states could get some kind of relationship where we could use each others dispensaries and such... Oh baby! Mass, Maine, and Vermont for recreational and ALL of NE for medical! W00t!!

Sounds like a good plan the states that border Oregon,Washington,California ,are all legal but it's illegal to transport cannabis across state lines ,kinda weird but I wonder if its enforced I'm a card holder and the price at the shops is lower for me but rec users pay taxes on it ,I can't believe how expensive it is (I'm really poor)LOL and when I found out Oregon has the cheapest prices in the country,really makes me wonder what others pay ,I'm hoping when Vermont has it's shops the don't price it really high and it's affordable for those on a fixed income or disabled

I have yet to go to a dispensary here in Mass but I think it's $50.00 for an 1/8 or $15.00 a gram. If anyone knows let us know. But that ain't cheep!!

20$ and 8 th ,7-10 gram I also don't buy from a med shop thankfully.

Back