Ventilation Question - help and ideas please :)

@Simplicio

I have this humidifier and it is far superior to any sonic humidifier I have used in the past. I has a built in humidistat the keeps the tent at a set RH.
You can see were it ran out of water! I got stoned and forgot to add water :rofl:.
[/QUOTE]

Ultrasonic humidifiers blow out fog that dissipates and quickly raises humidity.
Evaporative types are more like wet towels that air blows across.
They are limited by how much air flows, and by what the humidity already is.

I've tried a smaller version of the air care evaporative humidifier, but no longer use them because they couldn't raise humidity enough.
I also tried some tower evaporative humidifiers, but quit using them for the same reason.
My ultrasonic humidifiers easily get the humidity into the 60s.

What comes out of a humidifier must've been put in, so keeping track of how much water a humidifier uses is a good measure of how powerful it is.
My ultasonics use water much faster than the AirCare or other evaporative types did.

But a bad or under-powered ultrasonic might be worse than a larger evaporative type.

@Simplicio

I have this humidifier and it is far superior to any sonic humidifier I have used in the past. I has a built in humidistat the keeps the tent at a set RH.
You can see were it ran out of water! I got stoned and forgot to add water :rofl:.

Ultrasonic humidifiers blow out fog that dissipates and quickly raises humidity.
Evaporative types are more like wet towels that air blows across.
They are limited by how much air flows, and by what the humidity already is.

I've tried a smaller version of the air care evaporative humidifier, but no longer use them because they couldn't raise humidity enough.
I also tried some tower evaporative humidifiers, but quit using them for the same reason.
My ultrasonic humidifiers easily get the humidity into the 60s.

What comes out of a humidifier must've been put in, so keeping track of how much water a humidifier uses is a good measure of how powerful it is.
My ultasonics use water much faster than the AirCare or other evaporative types did.

But a bad or under-powered ultrasonic might be worse than a larger evaporative type.
[/QUOTE]

I have the 2700sqft Aircare model in a 4x4 maintaining up to 78% RH in low. Do you think your unit was too small? It takes up too much room to be in a flowering tent though and running it through the Inkbird controller kind of sucks/build l built in humidity is inaccurate.

Back