Ventilation/Fans etc

Reaction score
Hi there
I just got given a Gorilla 5x5 shorty and a Medicgrow Ez-8 1000w LED, I will be setting up a grow in my basement.
I've got workmen around at the moment and I was thinking of getting them to make holes in the walls for intake and exhaust ducting since that is the only option to get fresh air in and dirty air out of the room.
1 - I would like to go for the filter in the tent and fan outside the tent option, hooking the exhaust to the solid ducting that will go to the outside of the house.
2 - I was thinking of using another hole/ducting for an intake air supply.
The room is pretty airtight..... could anyone suggest me a good intake fan and exhaust ventilation setup for my spec please?
Thanks in advance!

Hi there
I just got given a Gorilla 5x5 shorty and a Medicgrow Ez-8 1000w LED, I will be setting up a grow in my basement.
I've got workmen around at the moment and I was thinking of getting them to make holes in the walls for intake and exhaust ducting since that is the only option to get fresh air in and dirty air out of the room.
1 - I would like to go for the filter in the tent and fan outside the tent option, hooking the exhaust to the solid ducting that will go to the outside of the house.
2 - I was thinking of using another hole/ducting for an intake air supply.
The room is pretty airtight..... could anyone suggest me a good intake fan and exhaust ventilation setup for my spec please?
Thanks in advance!
Anything ac infinity

Anything ac infinity
I've had their intake/outtake fans (2 @ 4"), going for a while now, and with the thermostat, they are really nice for that, going for maybe a year and a half. I think you need a quality temp and humidity gauge to go along with though, I have 2 ac infinitys that give me different readings, not sure which is correct (if either), since I don't have another gague. If you care about noise, get a muffler as well, they work really well, cheapest one is fine, unless obvious garbage, imo.

I got some other stuff from them (2 pc fans with speed controller), complete trash. Noisy because bearings or something whistles and don't last long at all. If they we quiet and lasted, that would have been wonderful.

I've had their intake/outtake fans (2 @ 4"), going for a while now, and with the thermostat, they are really nice for that, going for maybe a year and a half. I think you need a quality temp and humidity gauge to go along with though, I have 2 ac infinitys that give me different readings, not sure which is correct (if either), since I don't have another gague. If you care about noise, get a muffler as well, they work really well, cheapest one is fine, unless obvious garbage, imo.

I got some other stuff from them (2 pc fans with speed controller), complete trash. Noisy because bearings or something whistles and don't last long at all. If they we quiet and lasted, that would have been wonderful.
Take your point about inconsistent temps. Didnt know that

Take your point about inconsistent temps. Didnt know that

Yeah, I got two, and the the probe for each read a few degrees and % different. Can't find my stand alone hydrometer but even if I could, it would probably just give me another different number to think about. At that point though, go for the one in the middle, imo.

I use an A C Infinity 4" as exhaust for a 3x4x8 controlled by a temp/RH monitor...the quietest fan I've ever had. Lots of presets for the important parameters...along with an old centri 4" on an inkbird temp control, fan injecting fresh outside environment when called for.
For years the inkbirds were helpful in getting my grow area more environmentally friendly but the addition of the AC infinity controls have definitely almost made my grows 'automatic' with very little need after feeding. I often can go all day just checking my remote accu-rite monitor....Been at this for 20 years and it's never been easier.

I use an A C Infinity 4" as exhaust for a 3x4x8 controlled by a temp/RH monitor...the quietest fan I've ever had. Lots of presets for the important parameters...along with an old centri 4" on an inkbird temp control, fan injecting fresh outside environment when called for.
For years the inkbirds were helpful in getting my grow area more environmentally friendly but the addition of the AC infinity controls have definitely almost made my grows 'automatic' with very little need after feeding. I often can go all day just checking my remote accu-rite monitor....Been at this for 20 years and it's never been easier.
You got a muffler on yours I guess? I wouldn't be able to take my two without a muffler.

Do you an ac carbon filter too. How effective is at eliminating odour, is it stealth good?

No mufflers on either system as both are barely heard when on full blast......but I do exhaust through a carbon filter into an outside flue....still have that 'fragrance' close to the grow room at times...when plants are at full fruiting, they are hard to control....
Generally speaking, my system is set up to grow by outside environmental conditions by injecting filtered fresh air as called for by temp or humidity. With no outside input, inside air is exchanged constantly by the ac infinity system.

No mufflers on either system as both are barely heard when on full blast......but I do exhaust through a carbon filter into an outside flue....still have that 'fragrance' close to the grow room at times...when plants are at full fruiting, they are hard to control....
Generally speaking, my system is set up to grow by outside environmental conditions by injecting filtered fresh air as called for by temp or humidity. With no outside input, inside air is exchanged constantly by the ac infinity system.

nice. great you can use outside air.

I just have my intake pulling in house air always, runnin through a muffler the the fan the through a carbon filter in the tent. The out is in the tent , carbon Filter, then fan, the muffler and then out a window.

Both fans run at 2 non stop. Can’t hear enough to really notice.

Back