Ventilation / Air flow

Reaction score
Good afternoon to you all.

A question I asked in live chat last night.....

I have a Gorilla Shorty 3 x 3 x 5.9 up in my loft coversion. 2 Velux windows open the large majority of the time so good airflow.

Currently seedlings under a single GN HS1 - a Telos 0008 and possibly a HGL 100 will be added once they've been transplanted tnto their final 15l fabric pots.

I don't have an inline or extractor fan running, the tent is open and well ventialted pretty much permanently.

The afrementioned question being...will I experience difficulties without either fan?

Thanks in advance.

Harry

If you have good ventilation the only problem you may run into is weak stems. The fan is not only for ventilation it strengthens the stalk enough to hold buds. But if air is getting to them enough to move you should be good. My 2cents

Thanks for the advice.

I am considering purchasing a floor fan in order to direct air that's circulating through the loft towards the open tent. Any suggestions on a quality but inexpensive one?

Last edited:
I buy new fans every year so I buy cheap. Dust builds up and it's always best to replace cheap grow components yearly.

You might need an inline fan if your summer weather is hot.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Summers here in the UK tend to be mild [20-28c].

I'm able to regulate the air coming inside the loft to a degree by the amount the windows are open......or closed. [It can get quite breezy1]

Funds won't allow for a decent inline.[any advice on a good but quiet one?]...at least for a month so I'm hoping the plants will be fine in their current surroundings.

Seedlings due to go in their ifnal 16l pots on Sunday evening so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Good afternoon to you all.

A question I asked in live chat last night.....

I have a Gorilla Shorty 3 x 3 x 5.9 up in my loft coversion. 2 Velux windows open the large majority of the time so good airflow.

Currently seedlings under a single GN HS1 - a Telos 0008 and possibly a HGL 100 will be added once they've been transplanted tnto their final 15l fabric pots.

I don't have an inline or extractor fan running, the tent is open and well ventialted pretty much permanently.

The afrementioned question being...will I experience difficulties without either fan?

Thanks in advance.

Harry

sounds like if you have good air flow you should be all good... still I would have an oscillating fan moving the air about, it's the UK and we are heading into bud rot season. Unless you can run a de huey you will have to rely on air movement to help keep the rot at bay.

sorry but I have to ask seen as your not using any form of carbon filter... you are in the country side and have no neighbors?... When your girls are full flower your street will know and when you chop the next street will know... it those pesky neighbors with those sensitive noses that get us into trouble

sounds like if you have good air flow you should be all good... still I would have an oscillating fan moving the air about, it's the UK and we are heading into bud rot season. Unless you can run a de huey you will have to rely on air movement to help keep the rot at bay.

sorry but I have to ask seen as your not using any form of carbon filter... you are in the country side and have no neighbors?... When your girls are full flower your street will know and when you chop the next street will know... it those pesky neighbors with those sensitive noses that get us into trouble

I should have an inline.....and a carbon filter at the end of the month so I ought to avoid odours once the plants begin to flower. The fan that is taking my fancy - an AC Infinity Cloudline S4 -https://www.acinfinity.com/component-cooling/inline-duct-fan-systems/cloudline-s4-quiet-inline-duct-fan-system-with-speed-controller-4-inch. Will this be sufficient and what would be a good carbon filter to match with it?

Cheers,

Harry

P.S I do live in an urban area and once the fan and filter arrive I'll be pushing the air via 1 of the Velux windows. Think being on the 2nd floor of the house helps too.

I should have an inline.....and a carbon filter at the end of the month so I ought to avoid odours once the plants begin to flower. The fan that is taking my fancy - an AC Infinity Cloudline S4 -https://www.acinfinity.com/component-cooling/inline-duct-fan-systems/cloudline-s4-quiet-inline-duct-fan-system-with-speed-controller-4-inch. Will this be sufficient and what would be a good carbon filter to match with it?

Cheers,

Harry

good move my man

for filters you can't go wrong with the rhino pro range. Work horse those carbon filters are and fail safe... phresh are also another great make for an inlne filter... I use both

that fan look great for a 3x3, you may want a fan controler

Back