Outdoor Vas’ Audacious Auto Attempt, Organic, 40 autos ,5 strains !!!

Reaction score
All Outdoor, All Organic, All Star Strains

audacious/ɔːˈdeɪʃəs/

adjective

1. showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks.

2. showing an impudent lack of respect.

Hello Brothers & Sisters

I’d like to introduce the star studded line up for my highly audacious Sept-Dec Christmas Spectacular auto attempt. This grow will start 40 autos of at least 5 different strains. Hoping the (if) successful ones will finish last week Nov / first week Dec so I have curing time before xmas. I have learned alot since my first auto attempt and hoping for a good result. Still, not as confident as I am with my photos but this will be great fun lol !

Strains
The starting line up so far will be Shortstuff’s “Super Cali Haze” & “Auto Big Gun”, Mephisto’s “Hubbabubbasmelloscope”, Sweet Seeds’ “Auto Big Devil XL” and Buddha’s “Magnums”, with some additional starters to be named later.

Pots
I was going to grow in the ground but I have some landlord constraints (he’s a right dude so it’s not really constraints) and there is seriously bad drainage issues in the area I’m allowed to grow, so it will be in growbags, 35L (9 Gallons).

Soil
Organic - Living - Soil Food Web
I am still a learner with gardening so I am somewhat of a Barbarian compared to some lol. Barbarian mix, very basic, very simple, Mix is 1-1-1 , Compost- Established soil - Aeration with only 3 amendments.

Compost is organic and has been cool for over 6 months, smells sweet, moist & full of life. Established soil..broken down from compost, coco peat, organic fert pellets.. light and crumbly. Lots of worms and baby worms too, centerpedes , millipedes moving around.

Aeration is lava rocks & a corse river sand / gritty soil mix (75/25). The gritty mix is mainly corse river sand (approx 70%) with rest parts compost, coco peat & vermiculite.

Amendments are 1 cup atlantic kelp meal, 1 cup azomite, 3/4 cup organic fert pellets per 30L (8 Gallons) of mix per bag leaving space for a mulch layer. I have lightened off use of the pellets for this auto mix, i would normally use 2 cups for a photo mix (which works great) but I’ve been warned about auto’s not liking some fert pellets.

I started mixing and filling the growbags today. Will take a few days depending upon how my dodgy back and elbow holds up lol. I will treat with a AACT and top with a green mulch layer. A short rest to build up the life, about 3 weeks and it will be time to sow after the new moon.
The way my photo plots and pots built up life so quickly, I’m quietly confident it will be firing for the autos. Oh and theres the feeling of an early spring around here too.

Going to attempt a no till on these bags for a Dec-Feb follow up grow all going well. I think that will be the gun weather for an auto outdoor run, basically all of summer.

Attachments

• IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 203
Started mixing, didn't get much done, sore back + inflammed elbow bursa made for slow going so I got a bit too baked at lunchtime lol. I am going to change the aeration mix to 50/50 lava rocks / sandy soil...just an intuition. The growbags come with very little holes.... Took to them with the drill, more holes than swiss cheese now. Done about 5 bags so far and gave them a drink of compost tea. I mainly did that batch of compost tea for my photo plots & pots, I'll do another brew once the bags are filled and treat them. Need to get a fungal tea done too and get that in there asap too. Ok coffee, cones, bacon & eggs and into it...

Attachments

• IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0934.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG