UVB grow light

slightly bigger load in my vape is easier and cheaper, since I grow far more than I can ever use.
Right on! So it takes slightly more intake to reach same effect. We are kinda pole vaulting over mouse turds here. Plus the emerging research suggesting that chasing THC numbers to increase "potency" after about 20% is misguided considering the many factors that come into play in terms of effect: synergistics involving other cannabinoids and terpenes (like Myrcene), the consumer's neurology, extant mood and health, last meal; etc.

Right on! So it takes slightly more intake to reach same effect. We are kinda pole vaulting over mouse turds here. Plus the emerging research suggesting that chasing THC numbers to increase "potency" after about 20% is misguided considering the many factors that come into play in terms of effect: synergistics involving other cannabinoids and terpenes (like Myrcene), the consumer's neurology, extant mood and health, last meal; etc.
Exactly. Pole vaulting over mouse turds indeed. :crying: :pighug:

Chasing THC % is like chasing ABV in craft beer. You can brew some fantasically strong stuff these days but, is it any more pleasing than a lower ABV brew with a finer flavour and smell profile? I will say some of my current favorites are the low % IPA "session" beers. I far prefer having 4-5 and feeling it slightly over 2 pints and being 3 sheets. Men, and womens, and hell in between persons, can I recommend you try any firkin hand pumped brew you ever come across. If a bar advertises a "firkin" whatthehellever, try it! Phssssh..... a real small batch, hand crafted, non-artifically carbonated, 16th C style beer. Such a fine brew. Everytime I've seen a live Firkin it's been an immeasurable pleasure.

Yes, I like a strong brew here and there but I'm not 50 anymore. Plus I like beng able to ride the curl a bit longer before I fall off these days.

ok, so... ah what was I trying to say...

Oh right...

Um, does the UV aside from THC boost provide any difference in the end experience? Is the enhancement found in the non numerical area?

I am going to wait a little while with the AVB lamp :chimp:

Thanks for the discussion and feedback.. much appreciated! :worship:

Well some doubt raising thoughts here. The problem is I am afraid to quit. I am addicted to UV light. I like my end results. I know that is not very scientific of me. I reason mother nature gives them some so why not?

Last edited:
So unexpected from you! :haha:
There is a lot more to farming than the science. Smoke some weed and go listen to your plants with all of your senses. Observe them. You will learn to "hear" them in time. That don't come in a bottle or on a meter. It comes from loving your plants.

I have an urge to try this UV boost for THC. Just doing my first run now in a grow room, and perhaps I use this as a baseline for comparison. But if adding a 30 buck/quid light can jack up the precious juices as much as 'advertised' by pseudo-science, I am all in - killing pests is a side benefit. Mind you, I am not after the 'high' effect per se, but need it as anti-anxiety remedy for PTST and sleep. Still need to figure out which strain is best for that stuff. Trying white widow auto now.

Myself and @Mañ'O'Green both use T5 UV lights. I have the agromax pure UV and I forget which ones exactly ManO has. I got mine from htgsupply as it was nicely priced for the housing and bulb. They have a couple to pick from in 2' and 4' lengths.

Solacure also make some nice UV options. If I upgrade my new 4x4 with UV I will probably run the Solacure tubes.

I have not seen great LED options yet. Most are the fluorescent tube style bulbs but they affordably put out UV A&B.

Interesting articles: Do read skeptically as they are from the manufacturer

I think I have the same lights from the same company. The current grow is at the end. I started at 15min mid on cycle and moved up to 30min mid on cycle. With mixed girls in the tent. I started a month ago for 3Bears OG X Double Grape in the EB. It was really frosty at chop, but it's a frosty girl anyway.
The one stand out thing in this grow is the maturing of the trichs. It SEEMS like I have stubborn trichs to move to the cloudy stage. Naturally I have amber on the early maturing areas, but I have some in other areas. It seems to be the same with all the girls in the tent.
Are these "stubborn trichs" new production from the UV introduction a month ago? The cloudy and ambers do have the mature shape on most of the trichs.
This is the second run with the lights. In the first run with the UV, the girls were much closer in maturity to each other and only a few days difference in the chops. I haven't noticed this stubborn trichs in the other grows. It may be just my interpretation of the current grow conditions or anticipation in getting them chopped, but it does stand out in my mind..

Trich check is in the plans for today, especially for AVT.

Back