New Grower Unhappy looking plants...

Looks like it needs some phosphorous or bloom nutes. Looks like most of the white hairs/pistils are struggling.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks! Could you elaborate on that a bit? I don't know what to look for regarding the health of pistils.

I fed them 8 ml per litre of Bio PK 5-8 today. I don't really have a strategy. I might just give them plain water next time and go back to 2 ml per litre after that.

I was looking at this picture is why i said that....it could just be how it looks in this picture. Maybe the nitrogen burn singed the tips of the pistils so that they arent as long....?
407dc1502ad9245df8782eb0711465e2.jpg

I was looking at this picture is why i said that....it could just be how it looks in this picture. Maybe the nitrogen burn singed the tips of the pistils so that they arent as long....?
407dc1502ad9245df8782eb0711465e2.jpg

You're probably right. That's the Sour Crack and she's fucked. I'll get a quarter from her if I'm lucky.

Can anyone tell me if this is nute burn or deficiency? It's showing on almost all the leaves on the big Fastasmo Express. She'll need to be watered in the morning and I don't know if I should give her just water or continue with the Bio PK 5-8. It's got 2% Nitrogen in there. Shouldn't it be called Bio NPK 2-5-8?

IMG_20190724_231840.jpg
IMG_20190724_231931.jpg
IMG_20190724_235348.jpg

Cheers!

I just gave them water this morning because I thought it was the safest thing to do as I don't know what I'm doing. I noticed that the P deficiency is progressing so I guess I'll go back to the PK for the next feed. It seems like the flowers aren't looking as frosty as they did a few days ago.

I'm not really enjoying this organic growing at all. I'm just watching my plants slowly die and feeling like there's nothing I can do about it. Some days I'm afraid to even look in my tent because I know they're gonna look worse.

For my next grow I think I'll wait will week 3 before giving them any Orgatrex and I might switch to tap water too just to rule out the possibility that something's wrong with the well water that I use. And if my third attempt ends up being another failure I'll be starting from scratch with synthetic nutrients.

Peace!

Is this Calcium def?
IMG_20190725_100554.jpg
IMG_20190725_141806.jpg
IMG_20190725_144227.jpg

:toke:-- pardon the delay....

Well water, hmmm... do you know what the ppm and pH is? Other minerals may be in there too, making it not just hard, but potentially problematic for other things reacting to it...
How much did you break the tabs up? It's not a bad idea to do some, like halves, because of the short life cycle auto's have,... Do you use the inoculants they sent too? Those are key!
Symptoms look K related, most likely defc. (oddly, toxicity looks the same as well, burning at the margin teeth),...but since this is Biotabs, I doubt toxicity... Keep on the PK booster....
I know organics can be bitchy, but all nutes come with a learning curve,.. you can get in way deeper shite with synthetics, so grind this out, nothing too bad here at all,..

:toke:-- pardon the delay....

Well water, hmmm... do you know what the ppm and pH is? Other minerals may be in there too, making it not just hard, but potentially problematic for other things reacting to it...
How much did you break the tabs up? It's not a bad idea to do some, like halves, because of the short life cycle auto's have,... Do you use the inoculants they sent too? Those are key!
Symptoms look K related, most likely defc. (oddly, toxicity looks the same as well, burning at the margin teeth),...but since this is Biotabs, I doubt toxicity... Keep on the PK booster....
I know organics can be bitchy, but all nutes come with a learning curve,.. you can get in way deeper shite with synthetics, so grind this out, nothing too bad here at all,..

I don't know the pH or ppm of the well water. When I was starting out I assumed that if it was good enough to drink, it was good enough for the plants. And I thought the more minerals, the better. I'll be buying a water test kit soon. Not just for the plants' health but for my own too!

I didn't break up the tabs at all. I just put two whole tabs in each pot. I was thinking next time I might give them one tab broken in two, maybe four pieces. And then give them another half at around day 20.

I haven't been using the inoculants much. I used them all at the very beginning when preparing the soil and at around day 25 I gave them 1 g per liter of Bactrex and that's it. After rereading the manual I realise that I should've used 1 g per 500 ml for each plant.

We're on day 53 now so it's getting close to harvest.

The leaves on the larger Fantasmo are still getting worse with the P def. They're also showing signs of what I think looks like Calcium deficiency.

At the moment I'm giving them 3 ml per litre of Bio PK. The last feeding I gave them 2 ml per liter of blackstrap molasses too for Calcium and 1/3 tsp of epsom salts..

Should I give them a bigger dose of Bio PK?
Can I keep giving them molasses with every feeding from now on?
Is it okay to keep feeding them till the very end or should I just give them water during their final week?

Thanks for your help. Peace!

Fantasmo Express 1, day 53...
fantasmo_p_def1.jpg
IMG_20190803_230434.jpg
fe1.jpg

Sour Crack, day 53. She has sorted herself out and looking much better. She's tiny but the buds look nice and the leaves no longer dark and clawing.. She has a few amber trichomes so she'll probably be the first to harvest. She's very bushy so there's been a lot of leaf tucking...
sc.jpg
sc1.jpg
sc2.jpg

Fantasmo Express 2. The runt. She's been the least fussy of all the plants. Her leaves are very dark and a bit curled but nothing major. The buds aren't the frostiest but I'm hoping she's just being slow and may develop a bit more...
fe_runt.jpg
fe_runt1.jpg
fe_runt2.jpg

Attachments

• 20190803_195141.jpg
    20190803_195141.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 44
  • fantasmo_p_def.jpg
    fantasmo_p_def.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 59
I don't know the pH or ppm of the well water. When I was starting out I assumed that if it was good enough to drink, it was good enough for the plants. And I thought the more minerals, the better. I'll be buying a water test kit soon. Not just for the plants' health but for my own too!
not the best measure mate,... knowing the pH and ppm or EC tells you how loaded with dissolved solids it is,.. really hard water can become problematic with pH rise and build-up of mineral CaCO3 which will also screw with nute uptake.. Well water can also contain many other things, most not readily testable except by specific kits or a lab.. If you have never done this, best do it soon, just so you know,... plenty of possible undesirables could be in there...

I didn't break up the tabs at all. I just put two whole tabs in each pot. I was thinking next time I might give them one tab broken in two, maybe four pieces. And then give them another half at around day 20.
... halves are fine, no more needed,.. you don't want an overly fast release either; it can happen even with Tabs, I know coz it did with my plants... get on the inoculants, they help buffer the cycling and release of nutes as well,...
... not P defc. not by those synptoms at least,.. what looked like K defc. to me initially may be wrong, very weird symptoms, not a good fit for most common things.......could be a micronute defc. and/or K... not uncommon in feed systems like this,...
... the hooked tips and deep green are from N toxicity, nothing to be done there, save no more N inputs,.... when did that happen?
..this late in the game, no point in fussing over corrections, just stay on light feeds, but cut out the epsoms, no need for that on top of the rest.. molasses is fine...

... the hooked tips and deep green are from N toxicity, nothing to be done there, save no more N inputs,.... when did that happen?

It's been a gradual thing. I posted in this thread about her having mild N Tox on July 14th. So nearly a month at least. I'll have to stop give her the Bio PK if I want no more N inputs. Just molasses and water for her.

I'm thinking about switching to tap water for the next feed. Would that be alright? I just want to make sure it doesn't shock the plants or something.

Would this be good enough for testing well water?

Thanks.

..... :smoking: -- tabs may have had a rapid breakdown and release, so a rush of N may have come with it,.. Plant doesn't select what it wants to take up, they go in needed or not, hence the toxicity issues sometimes,... 2-5-8 isn;t bad, but if the Tbas did that thing, it was too much,... you can still use it, or look into a no-N PK booster, a little synthetic nutes isn't going to screw a thing up, the plants doesn't not know the difference, and the same specific nute ions, organic or otherwise are the only ones taken in,... I run mostly organic in bloom, but do add a little hit now and again of heavy PK if needed....
test kit is fine, but very limited,... so many other things like Selenium, Arsenic, Mercury, and others may be present... If you have never had a full lab work-up on that well, I highly recommend one, just for peace of mind if nothing else!

Back