New Grower Unhappy looking plants...

Reaction score
My plants don't look well and I don't know what to do. I have two Fantasmo Express and one Sour Crack. They are on day 26.

One of the FE's is showing a deficiency or maybe light burn.
The second FE appears to be a runt.
Sour Crack is really dark with clawing leaves. Lower leaves are starting to get lighter.

I emailed BioTabs and they told me to give them some Orgatrex and Bactrex, which I did. I don't think it helped the Sour Crack at all.

Tent: BudBox Pro 75 cm x 75 cm x 200 cm, white lining.
Light: GN Telos 0006 on a 24/0 cycle. At about 60 cm from top of pots.
Ventilation: Passive intake, 4” RVK duct fan out. Rhino carbon filter and a clip-on fan for circulation.
Pots: 12 Litre fabric pots.
Medium: Soil, BioBizz LightMix.
Nutrients: BioTabs Starter Kit, Bio PK 5-8, mollasses & epsom salts for Calmag def.
Water: Well water, untested.
Temp/Humidity: 25 C, 50% RH
Strain: 2 Fantasmo Express and 1 Sour CrackMephisto Genetics.

Here are some photos. Thanks for help.

Back-left is Sour Crack, the other two Fantasmos. Day 26
IMG_20190707_221203.jpg

Fantasmo Express 1, Day 26
IMG_20190707_221225.jpg

IMG_20190707_221235.jpg
IMG_20190707_221321.jpg

Sour Crack, Day 26
IMG_20190707_221349.jpg
IMG_20190707_221414.jpg

Fantasmo Express 2, Day 26
IMG_20190707_221428.jpg
IMG_20190707_221440.jpg

I'm not the expert and hopefully with the right expertise will come and chime in.

I think they have been over fed. Dark green looks like too much N. I'm gonna re-read your post again but what's the pH?

I'm not the expert and hopefully with the right expertise will come and chime in.

I think they have been over fed. Dark green looks like too much N. I'm gonna re-read your post again but what's the pH?

Hey, thanks for reply. I can't tell you the pH, I'm afraid. A decent pH meter has been on my shopping list for a while now.

Hey, thanks for reply. I can't tell you the pH, I'm afraid. A decent pH meter has been on my shopping list for a while now.
I'm using an aquarium test kit. I feel this is pretty good actually. But I think it's key you check the pH somehow. The water from tap and even with oh balanced nutes is always outside the right range.

API pH test kit. Comes in a little dropper bottle. Also I use the general hydroponics pH up and down. That kit came with a pH testing solution but it doesn't seem as accurate as the API aquarium one.

This is not expensive. It's reliable and you can't really mis-calibrate it.

* It will only accurately read pH ranges 6.0-7.6 but if you grow in soil this will be fine. I usually shoot for a 6.4-6.6 range.

Karl
aa3cb680aa144d262494dcbfb3617d8c.jpg
1ebbd9ce79613d104cbee5fb69bc7727.jpg
730d7a72099d1faffadfca67a93558ce.jpg

:toke: .. looks like the tabs started to breakdown and release more than what the plants could use, which follows with their size,... I used Biotabs before too, and even some of my photo plants got a bit of actual burn around late veg',.... How many tabs went in, and did you break them up?
Are you using the Bio PK yet, and how much and often are molasses and epsoms (MgSO4) going in? Molasses has Ca, Mg, K, a little Fe in it, but the carb's are for the soil herd....:coffee:
I'm not sure why they runted out,.. I know some folks set the pot up a week or more ahead of time to get the tabs started on breakdown,.. a light feed or two early on since the soil is nearly devoid of nutrients... Did you get the N-toxicity before or after using the Orga'?
Nothing much to do at this point, no more Orga' (N inputs) for sure....

:toke: .. looks like the tabs started to breakdown and release more than what the plants could use, which follows with their size,... I used Biotabs before too, and even some of my photo plants got a bit of actual burn around late veg',.... How many tabs went in, and did you break them up?
Are you using the Bio PK yet, and how much and often are molasses and epsoms (MgSO4) going in? Molasses has Ca, Mg, K, a little Fe in it, but the carb's are for the soil herd....:coffee:
I'm not sure why they runted out,.. I know some folks set the pot up a week or more ahead of time to get the tabs started on breakdown,.. a light feed or two early on since the soil is nearly devoid of nutrients... Did you get the N-toxicity before or after using the Orga'?
Nothing much to do at this point, no more Orga' (N inputs) for sure....

Hi @Waira. I used 2 unbroken tabs per 3 gal pot. I just followed the recipe that came with the tabs. I should've done a bit more research and done it differently for autos.

I haven't given them any Bio PK yet. The guy at Biotabs said to wait till about day 40.

I only gave them molasses once at around day 20. I'm not sure when exactly. The last few entries of my AFN journal disappeared after the server changeover. I gave them about half tsp per litre and I didn't give them any epsom salts.

Yep, the Sour Crack clearly had N Tox before I gave her the Orgatrex. Yeah, I'm a dummy.

I've just been giving them water since.

I'm concerned about the lower leaves as they're yellowing and getting crispy.
Should I start giving them the Bio PK?

Fantasmo Express 1
IMG_20190713_234840.jpg

Sour Crack. Lower leaf on left is fading and droopy. Lower leaf on right, dry and crispy.
IMG_20190713_235106.jpg

Fantasmo Express 2 runt on the left is still small but has stretched quite a bit the past few days. Other than some N. Tox, she doesn't seem to be showing any of the symptoms that the other FE is showing.
IMG_20190714_004057.jpg

Thanks, your help is really appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20190713_235649.jpg
    IMG_20190713_235649.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 63
get the BIO PK going ASAP! I'm not sure the Biotabs peep's knew you were running auto's?..., day 40 is generally a bit late to be adding in PK, depending of course on it's bloom state,... I see P defc in those fading lowers, not the usual N defc. look....

get the BIO PK going ASAP! I'm not sure the Biotabs peep's knew you were running auto's?..., day 40 is generally a bit late to be adding in PK, depending of course on it's bloom state,... I see P defc in those fading lowers, not the usual N defc. look....

Cool, thanks. I went ahead and gave them 3 ml per litre of Bio PK and will continue with 2 ml per litre from now on. I don't think any of the def. symptoms have progressed but I'll keep an eye on it.

The people at BioTabs knew I was growing autos because they were telling me how much autos love their Silicium Flash. Maybe they don't have much experience with them.

I think the flowers on the first Fantasmo Express are looking pretty good.

FE No. 1. Day 40.
IMG_20190719_204510.jpg
IMG_20190719_204917.jpg
IMG_20190720_160549.jpg
IMG_20190721_185356.jpg

IMG_20190721_183836.jpg

The Sour Crack still looks angry. The clawing isn't as bad as it was. The yellowing on the lower leaves progressed a bit but I think it has stopped now. Day 40.
IMG_20190721_172749.jpg

Fantasmo No. 2. Not much happening really. The lower leaves on her faded too but hopefully the PK sorted that out.
IMG_20190721_163317.jpg
IMG_20190721_173102.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
Back