Outdoor UK Forest with a clay floor.

Lol! bit of a posh one! But its pretty sturdy, so should last a long time. I'm looking to do a few in a local wood, on the M4 corridor, and a few on a nettled river bank, probably 3 on each, maybe 5 each not sure yet. You probably read that i was going to go with dinafems white widow and blue kush? Both auto's as I kinda want them done quite quickly this time round, If they go well I will try a photo next year. But now you've got me wondering!!! How long did you leave the big kush out there? TBH 14 ozs would be an amazing horde, plus would only need one or two to make it!

What soil do you use to start them? Do you use a fabric pot so the roots can break through?

Yeah, I started with autos. It's probably best to start smaller to see what you can get away with. The photoperiods go massive in the ground. 14 Oz came from five plants tho mate, the buds are usually pretty small but you get lots of them. The smoke is Fookin great tho.

Those fabric pots. Have you used them before? I did once and they didn't dissolve.. useless imo, unless you know any different?

Starting soil was biobizz Allmix last year but any half decent potting compost will do to get them started. [emoji1360]

I've used fabric pots inside, rhizopots, but not out. Whats your thoughts on planting seeds directly into the ground? Is this just a waste of seeds?

I wouldn't. I veg em up for a few weeks to give em a fighting chance. At least that way you know what's going on without having to go on a mission eh?

I have thick grey clay where I live in the states. I make a raised bed about 12 inches high and 3 ft wide out of wood and fill it with my soil mix (mostly compost and peat moss).

After a couple years usually the soil is good and I remove the wooden raised bed and grow in the native soil.
this makes a lot of sense to me

Lol! bit of a posh one! But its pretty sturdy, so should last a long time. I'm looking to do a few in a local wood, on the M4 corridor, and a few on a nettled river bank, probably 3 on each, maybe 5 each not sure yet. You probably read that i was going to go with dinafems white widow and blue kush? Both auto's as I kinda want them done quite quickly this time round, If they go well I will try a photo next year. But now you've got me wondering!!! How long did you leave the big kush out there? TBH 14 ozs would be an amazing horde, plus would only need one or two to make it!

What soil do you use to start them? Do you use a fabric pot so the roots can break through?
nettles should be a dandy cover, most folks aren't keen about messing around nettles

nettles should be a dandy cover, most folks aren't keen about messing around nettles

Yeah man, nettles are the one. Just be equipped not to get stung.. the only other problem is they tend to grow 10' tall and die off in august just when me plants get massive.. [emoji848]

Can't win 'em all.

Good luck Dafthandler
If you need to darken the chicken wire try bunging it on a bonfire for a bit until burnt ! I used 50 litre planters then tiered the autos into them in 10 litre bottomless pots, you can then add gorse or bramble in the "moat" for added protection ?

Back