Outdoor UK Forest with a clay floor.

@KushNFT
dew shield...easy and effective, though not stealthy at all. Been suggested you can use green tarp which would be better than clear plastic for stealth, but might have to raise higher to allow more light.
View attachment 727603

Thanks...will see if I can find some fine mesh. Stealth might have to take a back seat this year but it's taken me 3 years to find the spot so hopefully it won't get stumbled upon. There are occasionally hot air balloons overhead though.... Found that out the first year I had pots in a big clearing:haha:

I have thick grey clay where I live in the states. I make a raised bed about 12 inches high and 3 ft wide out of wood and fill it with my soil mix (mostly compost and peat moss).

After a couple years usually the soil is good and I remove the wooden raised bed and grow in the native soil.

@dafthandler - A couple of more things...clay soil "can" be a decent medium, but should be amended to make it more porous. Depends on density and the sticky factor how much you will have to do to make it worth using. The problem with clay based soils(especially heavy clay) is water retention and dense soil makes roots have a tough time penetrating to form a solid root mass. One good thing about clay based soils is they often have decent nutrients, just accessing them can be tough due to the root penetration.I know lots of UK guys search out stinging nettles for a place to grow...nettles prefer neutral well draining soil.
Additions like hardwood leaf compost and perlite would be very useful to break up the consistency.

I've read boogiemans thread in the dinafem section, and with you and mark recommending the white widow, I'd be a fool not to take your advice. I'm also thinking of planting a few blue kush a bit further into summer... I will order them, and if the WW's go well, I'll pop in the BK's. This is my first attempt at a guerilla grow, so I'm a little bit nervous, but quite looking forward to it too!

I've read boogiemans thread in the dinafem section, and with you and mark recommending the white widow, I'd be a fool not to take your advice. I'm also thinking of planting a few blue kush a bit further into summer... I will order them, and if the WW's go well, I'll pop in the BK's. This is my first attempt at a guerilla grow, so I'm a little bit nervous, but quite looking forward to it too!
Please tag me if you start a journal.

Ready to start turning over a bit of soil... the misses thinks I'm mad...

I will be taking this fine instrument with me next time I take the dogs for a walk, hopefully wont take out my toes.

IMG_0115.jpg

Ready to start turning over a bit of soil... the misses thinks I'm mad...

I will be taking this fine instrument with me next time I take the dogs for a walk, hopefully wont take out my toes.

View attachment 730616

Hello!

I do UK grows in the ground in woodland!

I want that shovel! How much was it?

Have you dug any of the ground up yet to see what lies beneath yet?

If ya need tips matey, I can help. [emoji1360]

Hello!

I do UK grows in the ground in woodland!

I want that shovel! How much was it?

Have you dug any of the ground up yet to see what lies beneath yet?

If ya need tips matey, I can help. [emoji1360]

Shovel was £37, only got it as I can use it camping as well. Its quite sturdy, and sharp! I'm going to visit one of the sites this morning and have a bit of a dig. 912greenskell recommended diggin a bit of perlite in, so will do a bit of that.

I've taken a look at one of your grows, very impressive yields! Do you use rabbit proof wire every time? I am a bit worried that it may attract attention, but I suppose if thats seen, then the plants been seen anyway!

Shovel was £37, only got it as I can use it camping as well. Its quite sturdy, and sharp! I'm going to visit one of the sites this morning and have a bit of a dig. 912greenskell recommended diggin a bit of perlite in, so will do a bit of that.

I've taken a look at one of your grows, very impressive yields! Do you use rabbit proof wire every time? I am a bit worried that it may attract attention, but I suppose if thats seen, then the plants been seen anyway!

Jeez, that's a posh one then? I think I'll go for the cheaper £15 off Amazon one and try not to snap it.

Yeah mate, the chicken wire's the most important bit tbh. Without it the plants just get scoffed. The rabbits don't touch the buds, just all the leaves so you end up with very small plants. Maybe have a look to see if you can buy green chicken wire.. [emoji848]like you say tho.. if that's been spotted..

Ah! Slug pellets. Get some and surround the base of all the plants to keep the snails and slugs off. They're about £5 a bottle from anywhere this time of year, even Tesco's seasonal aisle.

Ya don't need perlite, yes it would help but it also leaves evidence behind. I just start them off in a 6 or ten litre pot depending what's available and lob that in the ground.. water it in a bit and bingo!

What are ya gonna grow bud? I've tried autos outdoors and they don't really seem to reach full potential so usually go for a quick flowering photoperiod plant. Last year was Dinafem Big Kush -which I'm doing again this year cos it's awesome or DP's Passion [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG].

The main thing is getting them finished before it gets too cold and damp. -Not an issue with autos, or taking the gamble for the bigger yield with photoperiods.

Back