twenty20 Twenty20 Mendocino Grow&show 2022

HOTZ & AUTOWRECK are enjoying their place in the Big_Sul’s tent.

28AF5956-864A-4016-9FDA-5D2B175AE1A3.jpeg
26AF7870-4A53-4257-BF1C-8269B9F23C71.jpeg

Triks f5 Auto (Fem)
Bred by Twenty20 Mendocino

Day 32 from breaking soil

HLG 600 RSpec
4'x4' Gorilla Tent w/ 1' height extension kit
Ocean Forest media in #5 Squat Nursery Containers
73F/50%
Feed: Nectar for the Gods Bloom Khaos and Herculean Harvest for Cal only
Foliar: BuildABud by BuildASoil. An amino acid chelated high calcium micronized blend of goodies

5 of the 6 are clearly exhibiting the same morphology. There is however, one short stocky plant that looks quite different. It's about 2/3 as tall as the others, has very wide, large leaves and smells of pine on the stem rub. This shortie is also about a week behind in flowering progress as well. It will be interesting to see the difference in flowers. These look to be pretty uniform (f5), I'll bet the f7s that are being released now are even more-so. Good and predictable for this summers waves of auto greenhouse grows. Last year's grow was a bit disappointing due to small plants, however, this is most likely on account of stress due to the cinnamon beetles.

The other day I top-dressed each plant with 1 TBSP of powdered Terp Tea (flowering blend) from Aurora Innovations (Roots Organics). Today's watering will be pure water.

A quick question for all auto experts, when do the trichomes begin to show themselves? If these were photoperiod plants I would be seeing the early signs of resin production already. Does it take a bit longer for autos...?

Group Shot

IMG_8137.jpg

PLANT 1

IMG_8125.jpg
IMG_8126.jpg

PLANT 2

IMG_8127.jpg
IMG_8128.jpg

PLANT 3

IMG_8129.jpg
IMG_8130.jpg

PLANT 4

IMG_8131.jpg
IMG_8132.jpg

PLANT 5

IMG_8133.jpg
IMG_8134.jpg

PLANT 6

IMG_8135.jpg
IMG_8136.jpg

Thanks and blessings!

Last edited:
Moving right along. Left is the Orgeberry she is staying pretty short and flat so far. The new Biscauto is on the right. No real issue or problems so far. Big fan of the Orgeberry structure she is staying short and bushing out some. Nothing done other than topping her.
Orgeberry 2192020.jpg
Biscauto 2192020.jpg

A quick question for all auto experts, when do the trichomes begin to show themselves? If these were photoperiod plants I would be seeing the early signs of resin production already. Does it take a bit longer for autos...?
:toke: .... I'd say it depends largely on the specific cultivar... like photo's, some show early on and smother the leaves by harvest, others seem sparing on fans and sugars (usually Sativa dom's) but have tons on the bud proper! Personally I've not noticed any trend otherwise between auto and photo's for when trich's start developing,....
Those girls a a bit young yet for much trich' development in any case,... They look very nice, lovely structure and you're going to have phat nuggies before too long!

I have not noticed any difference between Auto vs Photo in how they develop visible trichomes that I could attribute to that characteristic alone. Time seems irrelevant but because autos are faster it may seem like they show sooner bur really it is illusion. Watching photos grow and mature is like watching paint dry for me now.

:toke: .... I'd say it depends largely on the specific cultivar... like photo's, some show early on and smother the leaves by harvest, others seem sparing on fans and sugars (usually Sativa dom's) but have tons on the bud proper! Personally I've not noticed any trend otherwise between auto and photo's for when trich's start developing,....
Those girls a a bit young yet for much trich' development in any case,... They look very nice, lovely structure and you're going to have phat nuggies before too long!

Thanks for your helpful answer. I was hoping to hear that. I have been patrolling the other auto grows looking for day 30ish photos to compare, so I figured "why not ask, I'm in the perfect place for auto questions".

I have not noticed any difference between Auto vs Photo in how they develop visible trichomes that I could attribute to that characteristic alone. Time seems irrelevant but because autos are faster it may seem like they show sooner bur really it is illusion. Watching photos grow and mature is like watching paint dry for me now.

Haha, yes time is indeed irrelevant.

I was just thinking yesterday how FAST growth is in autos. I've been a gardener many years and never saw a plant grow 2" overnight, haha. (except bamboo). The pics from a few days back actually look different, hahah. Thanks for your help.

MOG, are u the guy that embraces topping and super-cropping? I remember someone saying “top/super cropping is their preferred training method for auto’s”.

MOG, are u the guy that embraces topping and super-cropping? I remember someone saying “top/super cropping is their preferred training method for auto’s”.
I top above the 4th node ASAP. I don't remember having to super crop an auto in my current grow space. It has about 67" inches of usable vertical space without getting in the lights. I almost always have to super crop Photos.

it could have been @St. Tom i know he likes to super crop :thumbsup:

it could have been @St. Tom i know he likes to super crop :thumbsup:
I do and its never caused me any problems done at the right time I often do it to keep my canopy level but I'm not very heavy-handed its very rare I ever break the outer wall of the plant also here's my twenty20 3 new girls something good and hindsight photos
20220219_204847.jpg

Back