Troubleshooting Slow growth and color loss (Seedling stage is all I know)

why not try growing in Coco/perlite for your next round?

you cant Overwater in Coco/perlite.

The reason that overwatering in soil damages your plants health is because you are starving the root system of oxygen. Oxygenation at the root zone is a critical component. Coco overcomes this problem because even when saturated it still hold a lot of oxygen so it literally can not be overwatered.

I know some people just love to grow in soil because it's a more natural type choice. But pretty much every new grower I see posting with plant health problems is growing in soil and it's the growing style that is making things difficult for them.

Another option is to put an air stone in the bottom of your pot and pump air in through an air line and an aquarium pump. This way you will supercharge your root system with oxygen.

why not try growing in Coco/perlite for your next round?

you cant Overwater in Coco/perlite.

The reason that overwatering in soil damages your plants health is because you are starving the root system of oxygen. Oxygenation at the root zone is a critical component. Coco overcomes this problem because even when saturated it still hold a lot of oxygen so it literally can not be overwatered.

I know some people just love to grow in soil because it's a more natural type choice. But pretty much every new grower I see posting with plant health problems is growing in soil and it's the growing style that is making things difficult for them.

Another option is to put an air stone in the bottom of your pot and pump air in through an air line and an aquarium pump. This way you will supercharge your root system with oxygen.
@Autofire Coco can become hydrophobic the same as soil and have the same re-wetting issues. NPK Industries makes Yucca Powder a natural surfactant that helps to re-wet dried soil or coco. Used regularly it will help prevent the problem by distributing the water throughout the media better. I use it all of the time.

Back