Trichomes ( clear, cloudy, amber)

Reaction score
Hello all,
My plants are about ready to harvest and would like to hear from y'all when you chop your plants and why? I've read so much about this clear makes it a paranoid type high and doesn't last long. Milky is the most THC and amber is to late and low THC. Hello me or with what you do and why.
Thanks

Depends what you want. you want weed that is more upper paranoid get you to do something or do you want weed that's still heady but less paranoia or do you want weed you smoke that knocks you on your ass couchlock buzz?

If your gonna smoke alot of it and want it mostly heady I would wait till most of your heads are milky. If you only take one hit maybe a 25 percent amber 75 percent milky. I say this because a little cbn won't knock you out but if you smoke alot it will Problem is they all won't milk up before you get some amber the more amber the more stoney more milky more head high. Then dont forget a cure. The longer the cure the more it will become stoney especially if you let it go more amber. I think but can't back it up thca converts to thc then to cbn thru oxidation. CBN is a sedative. Thca can't do anything to you its not psychoactive but thc is so its why you have to cook weed in edibles. Your buds are mostly thca. Thca converts to thc when you smoke it. The part that isn't widely accepted is that I believe the conversion when you smoke it isn't as efficient as smoking thc that is already converted but for thca to turn to thc naturally takes awhile for oxidation to occur. So there is anecdotal evidence people say cured weed becomes stronger I believe that is why. So I would cure 3 to 4 weeks at least at 60 to 70f. Terpenes (flavors) oxidize and change and become different overtime if you like where a bud is at you can refrigerate and it will slow down the aging significantly just like with food. If you freeze it only do this once don't refreeze it can last 20yrs. If you do this let it get to room temp before opening jar.

If your gonna smoke alot of it and want it mostly heady I would wait till most of your heads are milky. If you only take one hit maybe a 25 percent amber 75 percent milky. I say this because a little cbn won't knock you out but if you smoke alot it will Problem is they all won't milk up before you get some amber the more amber the more stoney more milky more head high. Then dont forget a cure. The longer the cure the more it will become stoney especially if you let it go more amber. I think but can't back it up thca converts to thc then to cbn thru oxidation. CBN is a sedative. Thca can't do anything to you its not psychoactive but thc is so its why you have to cook weed in edibles. Your buds are mostly thca. Thca converts to thc when you smoke it. The part that isn't widely accepted is that I believe the conversion when you smoke it isn't as efficient as smoking thc that is already converted but for thca to turn to thc naturally takes awhile for oxidation to occur. So there is anecdotal evidence people say cured weed becomes stronger I believe that is why. So I would cure 3 to 4 weeks at least at 60 to 70f. Terpenes (flavors) oxidize and change and become different overtime if you like where a bud is at you can refrigerate and it will slow down the aging significantly just like with food. If you freeze it only do this once don't refreeze it can last 20yrs. If you do this let it get to room temp before opening jar.
Thanks that helps a lot
This is my first grow all new to me. I've never had enough weed to have to try and keep it. So how long will it last vacuum sealed?
In a jar?

It will last indefinitely as long as stored 60 to 70f it will just change flavor and effects longer the store the more potent then stoney. I would use a mason jar. You can vacuum seal them if you want. They even have hand pumps. I don't bother with that tho. I just seal in a mason jar and keep at 60 to 70f. For the easiest dry I would dry in a paper bag. Then trim then mason jar.

I've noticed the buds smell a LOT better when I take them out of the freezer than they did when I put them in, so now that has become part of my curing process.

Hello all,
My plants are about ready to harvest and would like to hear from y'all when you chop your plants and why? I've read so much about this clear makes it a paranoid type high and doesn't last long. Milky is the most THC and amber is to late and low THC. Hello me or with what you do and why.
Thanks

I'm an impatient person, and usually harvest at about 2% amber. I think it's stronger that way, though the high is more racy and sometimes lysergic. But it seems to me that the raciness drops off a lot after a three month cure.

Back