Toxicity/Deficiency? Need a little guidance please

Those aren't strong results.. They are exactly what I expected to see.. Sick plants with fading leaves by week two of flower... Crispy yellow leaves at harvest. I went through 3 of his most recent journals. All the same issues starting in week 2 of flower. How far along is your plant? Even his write up is just a bunch of words. But back to your plant..
It's on its way to looking exactly like the ones in that guys journals. There isn't much you can do about it now. What you're seeing could be the result of any one of the multiple issues that are happening. The first thing that comes to mind is the ph of the coco/soil mix. I'm sure it's fluctuating. Next thing that comes to mind is the cec exchanges in the coco.. Coco has a low cec and leaches nutrients quite often.. It's probably releasing/exchanging too much calcium or phosphorus into the medium..(depending on what the coco was buffered with). Either way, the issue is with the medium, and there isn't a way that I've seen or know of to correct it. Maybe check the ph of the of medium if you have a soil probe.. I'm pretty sure it's either a nutrient lockout, ph lock out or both..

Dammit :wall:

I'm end of week 6 right now. I guess I'll just see what I can get out of these I guess. I had toxicity problems on my last grow, and thought it might help to cut the ocean forest with something else. Didn't even give the interplay between soil and coco a second thought (just assumed the coco was more of a cutting agent, like perlite).

Going forward, do you have any suggestions for a medium/nutrient regiment to follow? Is your "Current Auto Grow" a diary that I could follow along and make use of as a new grower? Or do you have any other diaries (either yours or someone else's) that would be a decent starting point? I honestly don't mind scrapping all of my soil/nutes and starting fresh next grow. Just want to get it right. How about this guy TaNg's auto schedule?

Dammit :wall:

I'm end of week 6 right now. I guess I'll just see what I can get out of these I guess. I had toxicity problems on my last grow, and thought it might help to cut the ocean forest with something else. Didn't even give the interplay between soil and coco a second thought (just assumed the coco was more of a cutting agent, like perlite).

Going forward, do you have any suggestions for a medium/nutrient regiment to follow? Is your "Current Auto Grow" a diary that I could follow along and make use of as a new grower? Or do you have any other diaries (either yours or someone else's) that would be a decent starting point? I honestly don't mind scrapping all of my soil/nutes and starting fresh next grow. Just want to get it right. How about this guy TaNg's auto schedule?
Great questions.. I try to advise new growers to not follow charts or schedules and to try not to copy someone else's grows. Growing a plant is not like building a bird house. There are no set rules you can follow that will get you a guaranteed result. Every environment is different, the knowledge levels are different.. Genetics are different.. There are just too many variables.when people follow charts and step by step guides, they tend to not ask questions and just follow blindly, doing whatever they are told to.
Asking questions is the best way to learn. And not basic questions like which inline fan should I buy.. But stuff like how does coco work, or what is phosphorus used for, or is coco a cutting agent.. Ya, know, the tough questions, lol. You'll need to pick a grow style first. One the fits your beliefs and personality. Either bottled nutrients or organic... Either soil or soilless... If you are more of the hands on type and like to mix nutrients/check ph and pppms/ and you are good at diagnosing issues, then soilless or using soil and a full nutrient line might be a good fit. I grow organically because That what fits my beliefs and makes sense to me. I don't like mixing nutrients, or checking ph or the high maintenance of it all. I follow nature as much as possible. So it's all personal preference.

Tang is a good grower.. That's what made his journals and guides so popular.. His advice is based on the assumption that you already know the basics.. Many have went out and bought the exact products he uses.. Down to the same pots and pot sizes. And still had issues.. Because they didn't understand the basics of growing.. So idcsay pick a grow style first, then ask ad many questions as you can or need to about it.

Great questions.. I try to advise new growers to not follow charts or schedules and to try not to copy someone else's grows. Growing a plant is not like building a bird house. There are no set rules you can follow that will get you a guaranteed result. Every environment is different, the knowledge levels are different.. Genetics are different.. There are just too many variables.when people follow charts and step by step guides, they tend to not ask questions and just follow blindly, doing whatever they are told to.
Asking questions is the best way to learn. And not basic questions like which inline fan should I buy.. But stuff like how does coco work, or what is phosphorus used for, or is coco a cutting agent.. Ya, know, the tough questions, lol. You'll need to pick a grow style first. One the fits your beliefs and personality. Either bottled nutrients or organic... Either soil or soilless... If you are more of the hands on type and like to mix nutrients/check ph and pppms/ and you are good at diagnosing issues, then soilless or using soil and a full nutrient line might be a good fit. I grow organically because That what fits my beliefs and makes sense to me. I don't like mixing nutrients, or checking ph or the high maintenance of it all. I follow nature as much as possible. So it's all personal preference.

Tang is a good grower.. That's what made his journals and guides so popular.. His advice is based on the assumption that you already know the basics.. Many have went out and bought the exact products he uses.. Down to the same pots and pot sizes. And still had issues.. Because they didn't understand the basics of growing.. So idcsay pick a grow style first, then ask ad many questions as you can or need to about it.

Got it - that all makes sense. I just picked up Ed Rosenthal's grower's handbook a week ago. I'll see if I can't build up a little base knowledge via that before my next grow.

Back