Too short and too bushy?! (First grow)

Reaction score
Hey AFN,

Sorry for bombing you all with so many questions...

My babies are now on day 25. They are about 12-13 cm in height... I personally feel they are kinda small, and way too bushy for their age. What do you guys think? From what I've read online I should be worried but i'm hoping someone here can ease my mind a little. :)

I also disconnected the autopot system for now and gonna see if they soak all the water up, right now they are sitting in about a cm depth of water.

Thanks! <3

Day 25.JPG Day 25.JPG

If your gonna let them dry out bro empty any excess water they're sitting in. It's hard to say they're small of not from the pics tbh and also some peoples small is different to others.. they look healthy in the pics. Id let those pots dry out and see if they take off.

If your gonna let them dry out bro empty any excess water they're sitting in. It's hard to say they're small of not from the pics tbh and also some peoples small is different to others.. they look healthy in the pics. Id let those pots dry out and see if they take off.

I just drained the autpots, put in the moist meters and gonna let the soil dry up completly before i blast them with another round of feeding. And from this point on i will handwater until bloom. I'm adding a front pic as well so u can see.

front pic.JPG

Those soil meters are notoriously inaccurate. Never let your soil dry out it will kill your plants and make the soil hydrophobic.

I just drained the autpots, put in the moist meters and gonna let the soil dry up completly before i blast them with another round of feeding. And from this point on i will handwater until bloom. I'm adding a front pic as well so u can see.

View attachment 1274676
If you have spare money get better meters as mog knows his stuff

View attachment 1274676

Ok m8. Sorry I should have been specific.. dont dry the soil out completely.. as MOG says thats not good.. id let them dry out until they need watering again.. theyre very short and my own humble opinion is that they're not ready for the autopot res and they ain't too happy about being on it.. you'll need to master knowing when they need fed from he weight of the pot my friend.. practice makes perfect.

Ok m8. Sorry I should have been specific.. dont dry the soil out completely.. as MOG says thats not good.. id let them dry out until they need watering again.. theyre very short and my own humble opinion is that they're not ready for the autopot res and they ain't too happy about being on it.. you'll need to master knowing when they need fed from he weight of the pot my friend.. practice makes perfect.
I also should of said this guy grows the best soil plants I've seen your in very good hands

If your conditions usually hover around where they are in your pic m8 then my guess is it will be around 24/36 hours before u need to think about watering again.. lift the pots and get a feel for what they're like now.. fully watered.. lift them in 12 hours time and get a feel for the weight of them.. and at 24 hours later.. same thing.. what id like to see happen is them perk up a bit as your soil dries out.

Back