Fast Buds To Scrog or Not to Scrog: That is the Question

OttoCBD

Unmundane in the Membrane
Reaction score
This CBD Crack is on day 35 today. After extensive LST she stands no more than 8 or 9 inches tall. You can't really see them in the photo but there are bud sites all over. The height difference between the highest and lowest tip is only a few inches. I installed the scrog screen over it the other day but it seemed that a lot of the bud sites got buried under a mess of foliage and it seemed like it would be a hassle to try to make sure that they all get pulled through the screen in order to be exposed to the light. That being the case, I removed the screen. Since this is my first auto and my first time dealing with a plant of this stature, I'm concerned about the plant's ability to support the weight of buds and I'm wondering if maybe a screen would be wise in order to offer support rather than using it in the traditional scrogging way. If any of you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks!
CBD Crack 2-29-20a (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-29-20a (2).jpg

I think you're worried a bit to soon. I've never seen a plant that was heavily stress trained not be able to support itself. Buds don't support themselves well when they are on top of long stretchy branches. From the looks of it, I don't think that will be a concern of yours.

I think you're worried a bit to soon. I've never seen a plant that was heavily stress trained not be able to support itself. Buds don't support themselves well when they are on top of long stretchy branches. From the looks of it, I don't think that will be a concern of yours.
@Proph, thanks so much for your reply. My experience growing indoors has just recently restarted after a 20 year hiatus. Until now I've never done any LST nor have I grown an auto. That being the case, I tend to overthink / worry about this grow but I'll definitely take your word for it. Thanks again!

@Proph, thanks so much for your reply. My experience growing indoors has just recently restarted after a 20 year hiatus. Until now I've never done any LST nor have I grown an auto. That being the case, I tend to overthink / worry about this grow but I'll definitely take your word for it. Thanks again!
No worries! And welcome back to growing and to the world of autos! Your plant looks great so far!

This CBD Crack is on day 35 today. After extensive LST she stands no more than 8 or 9 inches tall. You can't really see them in the photo but there are bud sites all over. The height difference between the highest and lowest tip is only a few inches. I installed the scrog screen over it the other day but it seemed that a lot of the bud sites got buried under a mess of foliage and it seemed like it would be a hassle to try to make sure that they all get pulled through the screen in order to be exposed to the light. That being the case, I removed the screen. Since this is my first auto and my first time dealing with a plant of this stature, I'm concerned about the plant's ability to support the weight of buds and I'm wondering if maybe a screen would be wise in order to offer support rather than using it in the traditional scrogging way. If any of you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks!
View attachment 1163822

View attachment 1163823
Nice strain bud. I wouldn't scrog her just grow her out. They can get a good size but if your at day 35 she wont get much bigger. She will fill out nicely tho, very sticky plant. Keep those bud sites in the light and she will do just fine. Stay lifted.

No worries! And welcome back to growing and to the world of autos! Your plant looks great so far!
Thanks! I got brave after watching one of Green75's videos yesterday and she got a 'little bit' of a hair cut.

Nice strain bud. I wouldn't scrog her just grow her out. They can get a good size but if your at day 35 she wont get much bigger. She will fill out nicely tho, very sticky plant. Keep those bud sites in the light and she will do just fine. Stay lifted.

Thanks for the kind words. Definitely an absolute pleasure to grow. A little slow starting but I now understand that's to be expected. Having such a limited space, keeping those bud sites in the light is not going to be a problem. It's going to be more of a hobby. :biggrin:

This is how she looked this morning.

CBD Crack 3-1-20 (5).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I got brave after watching one of Green75's videos yesterday and she got a 'little bit' of a hair cut.

Thanks for the kind words. Definitely an absolute pleasure to grow. A little slow starting but I now understand that's to be expected. Having such a limited space, keeping those bud sites in the light is not going to be a problem. It's going to be more of a hobby. :biggrin:

This is how she looked this morning.

View attachment 1164156
Looks good, keep her happy and she will give you some quality buds.

Back