Indoor To scrog or not to scrog. That is the question.

To scrog or not to scrog.

• Single Northern lights x big bud

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Scrog 5 plants

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Just LST a few and don't over crowd it.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Update!!
So unfortunately the suspect plant was a male Alas, it wasn't meant to be. But by chopping him out of the tent, it gave so much more room for the other plants to flower properly.
Thought I would upload some pics of how they are doing. These strains say 8-9 weeks from the Seedbanks info. I'm entering week 7 tomorrow. I think I'll flush for week 8 then cure.

Some dense chunky colas up the back
IMG_4027.JPG

White widowxbig bud. Smells amazing
IMG_4031.JPG

Hoping for a few ounces!! Not sure what to expect once it's all dried. A little bit of drastic node stretching more on the atomic strains, but they have quality buds most of the way down.
IMG_4032.JPG

Atomic looking very hairy! Can't wait.
IMG_4035.JPG

Peace!
Nuggs.

Hey Jok81

Thanks for the advise! I have been toying with the idea of LED and have done a bit of research on the Amare and Plantinum range. Both look really good!
Living in Australia, we have just come into summer and I'm experiencing heat/humidity issues. Thinking LED will help a little

I've done a bit of strategic defoliation to help with getting light to the bud sites Im keeping.

As for my auto grow coming up, would you scrog the 5 pots or go with a less crowded approach to the tent and grow 1 or 2?

Cheers mate.
Nuggs
The difference between platnium and Amare is platnium uses the cheapest leds sold. Same goes for mars hydro, apollo, kind and the rest of them. Amare uses Cree cobs and xp-g2'3 and Xp-e2 monos. youll notice the companies i mentioned very rarely talk about parts used and that's terrible. It's like buying a car and not knowing what engine it has. Plenty of 1.5gpw grows under Amare and it's rare to see that with the other companies. Quality of parts and not just a rebranded light makes all the difference in the world.

I just finished a 1.62gpw grow with Amare and I can say they work and work like a real grow light is supposed to.

As for the pole I say go with 3 plants max in your space. Lst them till the scrog and you'll see great results. The 400w hps will outperform 2 mars 600's without question

The difference between platnium and Amare is platnium uses the cheapest leds sold. Same goes for mars hydro, apollo, kind and the rest of them. Amare uses Cree cobs and xp-g2'3 and Xp-e2 monos. youll notice the companies i mentioned very rarely talk about parts used and that's terrible. It's like buying a car and not knowing what engine it has. Plenty of 1.5gpw grows under Amare and it's rare to see that with the other companies. Quality of parts and not just a rebranded light makes all the difference in the world.

I just finished a 1.62gpw grow with Amare and I can say they work and work like a real grow light is supposed to.

As for the pole I say go with 3 plants max in your space. Lst them till the scrog and you'll see great results. The 400w hps will outperform 2 mars 600's without question

Hey BigSm0,
Thanks for the advise mate, I had my suspicions about the entry level lights. you get what you pay for.
I've added an aircon unit to the inlet of my tent so my temps are perfect. I think I'll hold off on the LED till I get a few grows under my belt. Might even bump upto a 600mh/hps when winter rolls in a few months.

I'll go with what you've suggested and post a few pics once I'm started.
Cheers
Nuggs

Hey BigSm0,
Thanks for the advise mate, I had my suspicions about the entry level lights. you get what you pay for.
I've added an aircon unit to the inlet of my tent so my temps are perfect. I think I'll hold off on the LED till I get a few grows under my belt. Might even bump upto a 600mh/hps when winter rolls in a few months.

I'll go with what you've suggested and post a few pics once I'm started.
Cheers
Nuggs
I'm happy you understand or are willing to listen. I hate to see people or you buy "1000" watt lights that equal way less than your hps. They will grow and do fine but they are exactly what you said, entry level. Watt for watt hps will likely out perform the actual wattage, it will destroy the purposed wattage. The craziest thing to understand is a watt of electricity no matter what source, light ext. is equal to 4btu of heat. So a 1000w hps vs a real 1000w mars LED has the same heat output. They get you with the claimed wattage. Your very smart by sticking with the hps till you get things down. That's the real way to see what your new light does for you.

Back