Tiny black flies ?

Reaction score
i seem to have alot of tiny black flies and there was something eating my green crack plant. i orderd some sticky traps to try and get it under control and will be spraying with safers. is there something i can do for soil incase there living in the dirt ?

after googling i assume their fungus nats .. i have neem oil i will try and switch back n forth with the safers stuff. guess i should have googled before posting lol my bad

Last edited:
1 part Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with 4 parts water. Water until runoff. Kills larvae on contact.

I bought some beneficial nematodes to kill them.
I have cold pressed neem oil.

Yellow sticky traps at soil level. Try it all and soon they will be history.

^ everything GMAW said and I set the vacuum cleaner (holding the nozzle) on em if I open the closet and see two or three.

They live and lay eggs in moist soil, so keep your medium more dry at the surface if you can. I sometimes shove a funnel 2-3 inches down and water into that, so the soil surface stays dry. The lil buggers have zero interest in dry soil

1 part Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with 4 parts water. Water until runoff. Kills larvae on contact.

I bought some beneficial nematodes to kill them.
I have cold pressed neem oil.

Yellow sticky traps at soil level. Try it all and soon they will be history.
i dont think i can use peroxide because im doin organic but im buying some mosquito dunks will soak in water before feed and do it for a few waterings and use sticky pads

Only use h2o² in a sterile grow.
i dont think i can use peroxide because im doin organic but im buying some mosquito dunks will soak in water before feed and do it for a few waterings and use sticky pads
That is correct do not use h2o². ScreenHunter_202 Aug. 11 17.06.jpg

Ya my mistake in the organics. Sorry about that!
The vacuum was a great idea @fauxnacho So is the funnel. I tried a top layer of perlite. I am not sure if that helps. I guess by that point I had too many larvae.

Fungus gnats, the answer is nematodes. They hunt the larva stage gnat that lives in the soil.

Order online, even on amazon. Water in, gone in a week or so.

Small parasite worm. I can't see them with my eyes, way too small, but they work. Had an issue just over a month ago, ordered, mixed in water, watered in, problem solved, and no chems.d41586-019-02197-0_16972068.jpg so small they can crawl up a gnats ass and lay eggs.

Back