New Grower Third grow attempt

GreeninNY

I try to grow things
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Learned a lot this summer! Thank you all so far.

seeds are from seedsman:

-Big Bang auto (BB in cup as of 08/06)

-Lemon auto (freebie! L in cup as of 08/06)

-Northern Lights (NL in cup as of 08/06)

-Blueberry Glue (waiting to germinate)

soil:

20% s. peat moss

20% perlite

50% compost soil

10% local worm castings (tons of worms for fishing!!!!)

Set up for seedlings:

GE led full spectrum grow light for seedling stage, then will transfer outside in a week or two.

I’ll wait a week or two and then transplant to a 3 gallon nonwoven bag, topped with worm castings and kelp meal.
I misted the cups before planting.

nutrients to use later:

-molasses

-fox farms grow big

-fox farms tiger bloom

due to the late start time, these will likely finish indoors but will spend the bulk of their time on a north facing slope with full sun.

I’ve had repeated issues with deer and insect damage in previous outdoor grows this year, so I now use tomato cages with deer fencing around it to protect plants. I’ll keep them inside for the first week or two to protect from damage in the seedling stage.

I have plant wire arriving today and will try lst on some.

Have no real idea what I’m doing, but applying what I’ve learned thus far.
plus I saw 4 gorgeous plants my neighbor is growing and I have to beat that even though the guy is a heavily experienced gardener.
I have no ph meter or anything not listed above. If I run into issues I’ll buy equipment and test it out for the first time here.

should be fun!

CB8A1D33-32DE-4AF4-9D4F-9F347FF22DD6.jpeg

i wish you tons of luck from the canna god and id love to tag along

8/08

Big Bang and Lemon broke ground!
I use worm castings from my yard, there’s some rando‘s breaking ground that I’ll pluck as they pop up.

794C7519-0ED5-4DE3-92D1-3CD6400C64AA.jpeg

Keeping the baby GE grow light on 24/7.

8/08

Big Bang and Lemon broke ground!
I use worm castings from my yard, there’s some rando‘s breaking ground that I’ll pluck as they pop up.

View attachment 1353262

Keeping the baby GE grow light on 24/7.

into the brave new world! :yay: ppp

August 9th

All four have now broken ground. I’m considering this Day 01 as a family of four.

I’m sprinkling a few drops of water on them each day to prevent the dirt from drying out. Realizing my house is dry as hell!

All four little guys have 24/7 direct light under the little GE grow light.

realized I have to wait for my first grow to finish before I can move these outside-I may need a proper light in a week or so!

FA5C369A-5307-4538-BB9C-E67E59038648.jpeg

Good luck on your new adventure
Cheers
EP3

Day 2

all are growing. Northern lights is tall, seems like it’s stretching for light. Moved the light closer to the Family of 4…if it continues I’ll find a spot on our porch for daylight and use the light at night. Will need to protect the seedlings from pests-I’ve lost several this year to bugs and animals-was hoping the small grow light was enough for seedlings. Maybe not?!

BD9F7E50-F6C0-4C04-B442-55B2948A3F42.jpeg

Tagging along here. I'm currently running the NL (×2) and Larry lemon from seedsman as well. My NLs are doing fine but I don't think my lemon will make it past seedling. Been stuck for a week or 2.

Good luck!

Back