Mephisto Genetics The Sour Stomper expresses herself :D

So yesterday, day 75,
whilst part of the world was whetting their knives to trim their turkeys, the final cutdown took place in my closet :mrgreen:
First, I took out the fan leaves as far as was possible without knocking the buds around.
2016-11-24_d75-chop-3-jpg.3838907

Then, all the tertiary branches came off, leaving what I assume would have been the colas had I not LSTed, but instead lollipopped them.
Of course in that case there wouldve been more bud up there, but it was just to give me an idea of the proportion of yield coming form different parts of the plant.

The buds on the tertiary branches, including all the larf, came to 530g wet.

Releasing the 6 bottom secondaries, I saw that they would've been about 75cm high had I not tied them down, just 25cm shorter than the main cola. So basically the same shape as other Sour Stompers...

Their buds, the really nice hard kind, added up to another 230g.

So this girl gave me a total of 1040g wet bud in 75 days.
Of which half was from tertiary branches that wouldn't have developed without the LSTing, so it's definitely partially responsible for this crazy yield.

2016-11-24_d75-chop-21-jpg.3838912

Even if all that dries down to less than 1/4th (I only stopped watering the day I took down her main cola), that's a lot, and over 1g/W, which I haven't ever gotten before...
I'm pretty wowed and having trouble understanding this happened haha :smoking:
Cheers!

Last edited:
Btw, don't dry in tent if you have lights on. Light kills THC.
Oh sorry, seems I missed this while I was in storytelling mode :eek:
Yeah I've heard that, and definitely prefer the dark too.
But the closet is the only place I have smellproofing, so time and again it happens.
That said, the basil is getting taken into the kitchen along with one of the COBs, no stealth needed there, so the rest of the drying will be nice n slow :D:)
But it's not a major thing for me, since I keep hearing stories of people going, "oh no, that weed again? thaaanks, too strong for me"... so seems that any THC that got killed hasn't been missed ;) lol
Cheers!

Last edited:
So yesterday, day 75,
whilst part of the world was whetting their knives to trim their turkeys, the final cutdown took place in my closet :mrgreen:
First, I took out the fan leaves as far as was possible without knocking the buds around.
2016-11-24_d75-chop-3-jpg.3838907

Then, all the tertiary branches came off, leaving what I assume would have been the colas had I not LSTed, but instead lollipopped them.
Of course in that case there wouldve been more bud up there, but it was just to give me an idea of the proportion of yield coming form different parts of the plant.

The buds on the tertiary branches, including all the larf, came to 530g wet.

Releasing the 6 bottom secondaries, I saw that they would've been about 75cm high had I not tied them down, just 25cm shorter than the main cola. So basically the same shape as other Sour Stompers...

Their buds, the really nice hard kind, added up to another 230g.

So this girl gave me a total of 1040g wet bud in 75 days.
Of which half was from tertiary branches that wouldn't have developed without the LSTing, so it's definitely partially responsible for this crazy yield.

2016-11-24_d75-chop-21-jpg.3838912

Even if all that dries down to less than 1/4th (I only stopped watering the day I took down her main cola), that's a lot, and over 1g/W, which I haven't ever gotten before...
I'm pretty wowed and having trouble understanding this happened haha :smoking:
Cheers!
Very nice plant sir! :pass:
download (10).jpg :slap:
I love the stompers!

I'm puffing on some Sour Stomper right now as I'm trying to type this. Very nice smoke! Congrats on an excellent grow! Informative with a different slant on things:slap::thumbsup:
Heyhey Pipes! Now that's a celebratory smoke indeed!
Remember back whilst you were growing what you're smoking there, how I was all worried milady wouldn't grow? haha! had I known!
Cheers! :smoking:

Very nice plant sir! :pass:
View attachment 663692 :slap:
I love the stompers!
Haha thank you :D You've grown them too?! I think I may have seen them, I had a phase where I was browsing all the existing sourstomper grows at once - a big secondary branch growing, trichladen late night blur is what remained of it ;) haha

:welcome:I've only grown half of one or actually 5 halfs. 5 plants of the grape crinkle x sour stomper = Double grapes. The strongest auto I've smoked yet. :thumbsup: I have a white stomper growing now with sour stomper and skystomper on my black friday order. :jointman:
Haha thank you :D You've grown them too?! I think I may have seen them, I had a phase where I was browsing all the existing sourstomper grows at once - a big secondary branch growing, trichladen late night blur is what remained of it ;) haha

That's the same plant that you posted on my SS thread? I remember you being a little concerned but apparently it turned out absolutely excellent! I'm really happy with the Sour Stomper and still have 2 beans left so I will do it again. Smoked any yet? I'm just filling my pipe now:jointman:Pipes

That's the same plant that you posted on my SS thread? I remember you being a little concerned but apparently it turned out absolutely excellent! I'm really happy with the Sour Stomper and still have 2 beans left so I will do it again. Smoked any yet? I'm just filling my pipe now:jointman:Pipes
Haha yes sir, the same plant!

Yes I did test smoke when I jarred them. As it usually is for me, it was just strong and smoothe for starts.
So I can't really say much yet as far as complexity of aromas goes - my favorite part of smoking, actually, is breaking open those buds, feeling the crispiness of that resin coating, and enjoying the smells!
But from the diversity she was hinting at during the grow, I'm pretty sure she's going to be amazing once cured!

Summing up!
So many and diverse learning experiences arose from this lovely, scary, and wild grow!
Ah, the Sour Stomper. we shall meet again!

The total dry weight came down to 232g in the end.
The top colas, which were so near the light, dried to 1/4 of their weight,
whilst the bushy part of the plant, getting less heat, dried to 1/5.
Makes sense, something I'll take more note of in future.
Possibly I could've given the bush another week or so to foxtail and densen up for a few grams more. But hey, she did great, and, given the potency she's hinted at from the test smoke right before jarring, will be liked even if the buds are a tad fluffy.

After pondering some, I'm pretty sure the major yield gain came from the LST, that allowed the tertiary branches to grow out. Not every strain will bring this gain, as not all strains have this trait of wanting to grow out auxiliary branches with such vigour. But with the Sour Stomper, it works - and yes I'll be seeing if I can replicate next year :)
Plant size and yield (taking the tertiaries out of the equation) turned out to be perfectly proportionate:
Mephisto describe the plant as 50-70cm height and 60-80g yield.
Mine was 99cm tall and gave me 120g (Main colas and secondaries together = approximating the usual plant structure).

And the extravagant overall growth, I am putting down mainly to the feedings of living matter via plant part smoothies, SST, and kelp juice. I definitely have found my style for now, along with the assortment of microbe-rich substrates and composts I have begun building.
I do have this feeling I may consider complementing the fresh-feed style with things like FPEs in future, given I live in a cold climate. But I'm also thinking of an indoor open garden bed next to the dining table, growing tomatoes, salads, herbs... The Make-Your-Own-Meal Urban Minifarm :bigjoint:
Cheers!

Back