• Sell the genetics and project for money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Produce seeds, sell those for money

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Do nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nice project, cool to see someone on a similar path as myself(although I'm not that far along yet, growing F2's this year), and a dutchie too, so far I haven't met anyone offline who's breeding, although I did get some of my friends to start growing.

I would just keep it to myself unless you really need the money.

if it's gold now it'll still be gold in a few years, except it will be even better and more stabilized if you keep working it. I think(bit optimistic maybe, but I can hope) that we'll have a more legal weed-industry in 5-10 years. the way and speed it's coming along in the US I have good hope NL wil follow too. and then you could try to get plant variety rights on your cultivar like any legal crop, and have longer protection than just 1 year. however it needs to be well stabilized to be able to qualify as a cultivar.

Have you run this indoors to confirm its actually an autoflower and not just a very sensitive photo plant? Do you know what THC tests at?
Yes, I did that at the start, when I did the initial selection. After that, I wanted to see how well it was suited for outdoors, and that's where I do my breeding as well. In my view it wouldn't be fair otherwise; marketing a strain that has grown in near sterile conditions, as suited for the outdoors.
If it would be photosensitive, it wouldn't start flowering around the end of June (since that's the longest daylight day in this area). Daylight hours follow a nice curve here, and if the onset was triggered by a certain daylight time, it would have flowered much earlier, around May or so. With the plant being 2 months old in May, she would've been ready to flower.
This plant has been expressing that type of flowering onset ever since the start, and that's the sole reason I started breeding with it.

As for THC and CBD levels, I'm quite uncertain. This strain seems to be at the lower end of the spectrum, my estimation is around 7-10% of the total bud is resin weight, this was measured by extraction done with cold dimethyl ether. The weight of the dried extract was compared to the initial weight and a percentage was calculated. I did this with 3 samples.
I don't have the money to do accurate laboratory testing so I'll just have to go with what people say about smoking this strain:
It does create an unusual buzz, something friends describe as a typical high-CBD-strain-buzz. I personally don't sense any difference between high CBD and high THC strains, so I don't feel comfortable judging that from my own experience other than saying it's a bit 'unusual' compared to high THC strains like most haze.

nice project, cool to see someone on a similar path as myself(although I'm not that far along yet, growing F2's this year), and a dutchie too, so far I haven't met anyone offline who's breeding, although I did get some of my friends to start growing.

I would just keep it to myself unless you really need the money.

if it's gold now it'll still be gold in a few years, except it will be even better and more stabilized if you keep working it. I think(bit optimistic maybe, but I can hope) that we'll have a more legal weed-industry in 5-10 years. the way and speed it's coming along in the US I have good hope NL wil follow too. and then you could try to get plant variety rights on your cultivar like any legal crop, and have longer protection than just 1 year. however it needs to be well stabilized to be able to qualify as a cultivar.
Thanks for the kind words! I have met a few people IRL but they're usually not comfortable talking about it in the open. There's still a big taboo around cannabis, especially on a larger scale. These guys usually preserve their business pretty well, and I can't say that they're wrong.

The Netherlands will never have a legal weed industry, if you'd ask me. Here's why I think so: every year we see in the news that at least 3-12 politicians have serious ties with dealers, cannabis growers, coffeeshops, or even have their own grow ops. Those are the ones that are thrown in front of the bus, for somebody else's sake. The kind of money they make with illegal things is somewhere near the millions a year, per person. All money that has no taxation, no papertrails, nothing. That's the best kind of money to feed your hobbies that aren't allowed to see the daylight. From small scale bribes, to fully paid vacation homes, to even giant bribes, and even child prostitution (hello Demmink!), as long as there's no paper trail, they can do whatever they want with it. Money buys power, power gets you more money. Money covers secrets. Our politicians are as corrupt, if not more, than most African or South American ones, they just hide it better. Even in my own community, with no more than 4000 inhabitants, our mayor was 'gifted' a 6 million dollar painting for allowing and approving some reconstruction work. He took the offer, a judge decided that it was in fact a bribe, the mayor still sits where he sits. The other 6 politicians involved, got the same result in court. They're all still in function. They had to give the bribes back though..
With stuff like that out in the open, I can't even grasp what happens in the shadows. But I'd know that if I would make millions illegally, and see that number decimate when legalization happens (because that's what they say would happen), I would actively fight and bribe against legality. People are protecting their income, just like anywhere else. I don't think it's any different in the NL's.

DSCF9727.JPG

This is one of the branches of a male. This plant was cut down to 1/4th of its original length to make it fit inside my growbox. It's doing pretty well with just 20watts of CFL light.
It's about the pollen, so I'm kind of neglecting this plant.

The ladies outdoors are doing fine.
DSCF9712.JPG

DSCF9720.JPG

These pics are from some days ago. Right now the buds have a little more hair. Too bad for the weather, it sucks today, otherwise I'd be taking some more pics.

These pics are a little older, but that shouldn't matter a lot.

DSCF9732.JPG

Left: full soil WR#3 before snapping it, right: WR#3 that has been in a 9L container together with a sister, transplanted to the soil when flowering started.

DSCF9734.JPG

I call this pheno the Jack, not heavy on the trichomes. They're just getting started.

DSCF9735.JPG

This is the more sativa-pheno. A little heavier on the trichomes.

How versatile and fool proof did I try to make this?
Check this out..
DSCF9736.JPG

Towering over 6ft, I decided to bend until it breaks. And it broke alright!
Did the plant care? You tell me!
DSCF9737.JPG

Apparently not. 3 days later, and she's acting like nothing happened.

DSCF9741.JPG

The side project: creating a pink version of the WR#3. The pink ones stay very, very compact. Even for an indica. I might just need to restart this from scratch if the next generation has the same issues.
In the original genetics there is a very compact indica plant, but that strain is being adjusted to being more sativa-like as well. So next year I might have more material to work with.

DSCF9751.JPG

Another purple pheno popped up. Nice.

DSCF9752.JPG

This pheno of the WR3 is prone to rot. Garbage. Sure, nice buds and all.. But I'm selecting for non-rotting traits. This momma is out. The entire plant will be compost.

DSCF9756.JPG

Her smaller sister is still doing fine, no rot at all.

DSCF9757.JPG

The larger sister (6+ ft) is the new source of breeding material.

Somehow, after a few generations of inbreeding, new phenotypes appeared. The 'larger sister' (the plant that snapped in half) is showing all the things that the others lack; a more refined taste and smell, good bud/leaf ratio, and some serious growing power. I mean, 6ft and up, within 3 months is exceptional for most AF-strains. Bud development is a bit speedier in this one too.

DSCF9761.JPG

P#2 Pinkish pheno
DSCF9764.JPG

WR3

DSCF9771.JPG

WR3
DSCF9773.JPG
DSCF9774.JPG

P#2 pinkish pheno and non-pinkish pheno.

DSCF9775.JPG

Remaining breeding material of the WR3

DSCF9767.JPG

Another bud of the remaining breeding material of the WR3

Attachments

• DSCF9766.JPG
    DSCF9766.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF9772.JPG
    DSCF9772.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF9775.JPG
    DSCF9775.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 82
Beautiful Jansteen!! :drool:

Very pretty flowers and lovely out growing!!
:d5:

:pass:

Thanks for the kind words! I have met a few people IRL but they're usually not comfortable talking about it in the open. There's still a big taboo around cannabis, especially on a larger scale. These guys usually preserve their business pretty well, and I can't say that they're wrong.

The Netherlands will never have a legal weed industry, if you'd ask me. Here's why I think so: every year we see in the news that at least 3-12 politicians have serious ties with dealers, cannabis growers, coffeeshops, or even have their own grow ops. Those are the ones that are thrown in front of the bus, for somebody else's sake. The kind of money they make with illegal things is somewhere near the millions a year, per person. All money that has no taxation, no papertrails, nothing. That's the best kind of money to feed your hobbies that aren't allowed to see the daylight. From small scale bribes, to fully paid vacation homes, to even giant bribes, and even child prostitution (hello Demmink!), as long as there's no paper trail, they can do whatever they want with it. Money buys power, power gets you more money. Money covers secrets. Our politicians are as corrupt, if not more, than most African or South American ones, they just hide it better. Even in my own community, with no more than 4000 inhabitants, our mayor was 'gifted' a 6 million dollar painting for allowing and approving some reconstruction work. He took the offer, a judge decided that it was in fact a bribe, the mayor still sits where he sits. The other 6 politicians involved, got the same result in court. They're all still in function. They had to give the bribes back though..
With stuff like that out in the open, I can't even grasp what happens in the shadows. But I'd know that if I would make millions illegally, and see that number decimate when legalization happens (because that's what they say would happen), I would actively fight and bribe against legality. People are protecting their income, just like anywhere else. I don't think it's any different in the NL's.
Dutchie too here. I never posted before just looked around but what you you said, absolutely true. I also don't think the legal situation will get better anytime soon or ever,very unfortunately.

Goodluck with the breeding. If you contact the big seed banks here, they all get their strains or some from independent breeders, if you have struck gold they will make an offer and you can choose what is the best for your situation. Takes a long time but then you have a regular outlet. Trying to go it alone these days you will drown in the number of breeders and strains i think.
Just my opinion and you made me post first time haha

Thanks for the comments guys! Much appreciated!

As for the seed banks; they're on hold for now. I can always sell these projects, but for now, I'll keep them to myself and keep improving them. The grow logs of other people are showing promising results, but somehow, 3 different phenotypes are popping up. Which means the WR isn't stable enough yet.

Back