Mephisto Genetics The making of Deep Blue C - F2!

mephisto

AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is going to be a possibly short but hopefully interesting thread about the making of Deep Blue C F2.

We're almost at the end of the f1 stock, and given a lot of people seem to like it (us included) we are going to make another small batch of seeds.

We started 100 seeds, 97/101 germinated (I didn't check the last 4)
We selected 72 to be potted into 1.5 litre pots - Medium is biobizz lightmix, straight from the bag.

Deep blue c start - 0409 day 1.jpg

Photo was from the 03/09 when they were sown.
I have marked day 1 as the 4th of this month.

18/09 - Day 14 here's a group shot
dbc d14 s.jpg

At day 14 they were 19cm tall on average
dbc d14 2 s.jpg

Here's an idea of the root mass at transplant
dbc d14 roots s.jpg

So from the 72, we selected 32 as potential ladies to pollinate - Eventually I'd like to pollinate the best 6
Here they are now 16 per light - at day 25
dbc d25 group s.jpg

These now measure 42cm tall, as you can hopefully see the canopy is very even.
dbc d25 individual s.jpg

Some are flowering a little quicker than the others, but I should think these will all get to 60-70cm all being well.

They were on 24/0 - Day 1 - 14 @400w
And on 18/6 - Day 14 - 25 @400w
I've just switched them up to 600w tonight (day 25)

They were transplanted into 12 litre square pots, with our many times re-cycled soil, the soil was amended with worm humus and bat guano, a single biotab placed about 5cm under where they were transplanted into, with a dash of black pearl under and around the roots.

Plain well water all the way so far and hopefully until the end.
We've made a drip system, but it still needs connecting to a timer so they've been hand watered thusfar.
We'll see how they get on, I may give one or two feeds of biogrow or bloom if they need it, especially the ones that I will seed.

And that's it for now :)

Still one of my Favorites and im so glad You decided to keep this lineage going. They are looking lovely Mitch, keep n Eye o the ones with the broad Indica Leafes coming up this might be that Big Cola pheno. Indeed its a bit smaller than the other Phenos but really worth to go.

Still one of my Favorites and im so glad You decided to keep this lineage going. They are looking lovely Mitch, keep n Eye o the ones with the broad Indica Leafes coming up this might be that Big Cola pheno. Indeed its a bit smaller than the other Phenos but really worth to go.

They're pretty dang even at the moment, a lot looking broad, but the next couple of weeks should be pretty telling :)

Beautiful girls Mitch !! Looking foward to c the end ......... good luck amigo :)

Love threads like this, even if it makes me jealous of your job! Cheers for sharing this mate

Cheers dudes! Feels like ages since I've done a start to finish thread,
I kind of missed the early leaf tucking window, but I'll get in there in the next day or so to do what I can, a little pruning and tidying never hurt :)

Growing this girl right now for the first time and she is a champ. At week 4 and pistils popping everywhere and
She's looking great. Excited for the smoke....thanks!

Back