It’s interesting that you insist on a quality EC meter but don’t mind the cheap PH meter, I always assumed the PH meter was more important and a cheaper EC meter would work ok to at least keep yourself in the ballpark.

My reason for wanting a new EC meter is that I have a plant that started looking a little hungry but still had half a res left in my autopot setup so I figured it would be easier to start monitoring the EC of different strength mixes. I currently weight the megacrop before mixing but that’s when I know how many gallons of water I have to start. When there’s half a res I’ve got no idea how much is in there it’s just roughly.... half lol

So if I knew the EC of 4 grams per gallon vs 3 I’d be able to adjust the strength of my res without knowing the exact volume and still have it match with if I were weighing out MC for a fresh batch... make sense? It does in my head :pass:
if you look my ph meter is an essential one the cheap yellow is a backup i have used the yellow ones also in a jam but just go with what you can afford just dont buy the cheap wand i shown earlier

also im going to be trying megacrop soon now they have it in the uk but also @Tiny Bubbles i use remo newts at the min and for me its ph and ec stable but its great to always be able to check

@Alchemy New Site Rules.
If an Independent Breeder Sponsors a 5 person Battle Team for 3 legs..they can apply for a free sub section in the Independent Breeders section.
When you are Ready..:headbang:
Heck yea thanks for the info, I'll prolly def do that eventually, this is my full time job so I'm breeding constantly, will have alot of exciting crosses. As soon as I'm ready to beta test I'll have some of my stock available @ dcseedexchange.com
And I'll prolly sponsor on here at that Time as well, I got my STS products in today so.ill be having feminized very soon.
Sneak peak of One cross that is really exciting to.me involves, legendary Coots the one/Pakistani hash plant/ chocolate thai 30 year old IBL X in with DJ shorts Blueberry/and elite stardawg. Thats, Thai Kwon Dro.

also im going to be trying megacrop soon now they have it in the uk but also @Tiny Bubbles i use remo newts at the min and for me its ph and ec stable but its great to always be able to check

I hope my last reply didn’t come off as a dig at you. I’ve used the same cheap yellow meter before too, and I didn’t recognize the one next to it. I’m currently using one from Apera and I’m pretty happy with it. It comes with a case that makes it at least seem like it’s a quality tool and makes you want to take good care of it

26BE5F89-C0A9-46AF-B5B3-7B3642FA9BF0.png

They sell an EC meter too for $59.50 which seems a little steep to me coming off a $10 hunk of shit, but if you want to play you need the toys :shrug:

I suppose I need to spend a little time over the next few days looking at my options before pulling the trigger on anything. If the cheap one reads the same every time I suppose it doesn’t matter if the number is right or not, just as long as it’s consistent. Being accurate will only matter when trying to communicate with other people or follow their numbers I think :baked:

I hope my last reply didn’t come off as a dig at you. I’ve used the same cheap yellow meter before too, and I didn’t recognize the one next to it. I’m currently using one from Apera and I’m pretty happy with it. It comes with a case that makes it at least seem like it’s a quality tool and makes you want to take good care of it

View attachment 1036034

They sell an EC meter too for $59.50 which seems a little steep to me coming off a $10 hunk of shit, but if you want to play you need the toys :shrug:

I suppose I need to spend a little time over the next few days looking at my options before pulling the trigger on anything. If the cheap one reads the same every time I suppose it doesn’t matter if the number is right or not, just as long as it’s consistent. Being accurate will only matter when trying to communicate with other people or follow their numbers I think :baked:
I'm so glad I'm done with PH FOREVER hahaha

View attachment 1036034

it never pal no worries im thick skinned :bighug::pass:

if you look my ph meter is an essential one the cheap yellow is a backup i have used the yellow ones also in a jam but just go with what you can afford just dont buy the cheap wand i shown earlier
I used the cheap ones for years until I really messed up my grow from it being inaccurate. I bought the Apera instruments one it was a bit more money around 50$ but it's super accurate and gives me the temperature as well. Super easy to calibrate. No powders. It comes with two bottles of calibrating solution that makes it super easy and fast. One of my best investments yet.

Back