Outdoor The 55th North Parellel

Strange you say that - I've had one casualty every year so far - it's either an over enthusiastic goal scoring attempt leading to a swift decapitation - or a damn kid trampling one of them while retrieving the ball ha ha. But you can't blame them - or let on it's a 'special plant' - so you just have to weep quietly lol
one of the reasons to plant more

grooving on your outdoor, thanks for sharing and keeping it growing through your medical trials

Thanks folks... it does seem to be falling into place this year - the last couple of weeks have been pretty sunny so everything is exploding (stretching perhaps too much), so yer overall it's working out well - last couple of wind puffs from the NE have brought cool temps but clear skies. I hope the guff we hear from the EU Referendum (both sides) keeps the high pressure to the south, and the jet-stream to the north. Muppets.

I confess i popped a few popcorn buds off the Toof Decay in the cabinet today and gave em a sun drying with a a bit of a toasting on a lampshade - very nice :pass: I'll look forward to this one for sure.

Sorry....

Oh no I feel really bad now - sorry for the posts abruptly stopping. Lots of real life at the hospital non-fun and the demise of two PCs (one quite spectacularly in flames - APOCALYPSE PC (all thanks to the youngest for pointing out daddies office is full of smoke (yer yer... NO different smoke!!!) - so at least we still have a home although the office stinks and it ain't of weed.

"I love the smell of burnt PCBs in the morning"...

SAFETY NOTE DO TEST YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS - THE ONE WHICH SHOULD HAVE ALERTED US BEFORE THE KIDS WAS OBVIOUSLY FAULTY - DON'T JUST PRESS THE TEST BUTTON - LIGHT A BIT OF NEWSPAPER, BLOW IT OUT AND WAVE THE SMOKE AROUND THE DETECTOR - IF CLOSE PROXIMITY 'REAL' SMOKE DOESN'T MAKE IT SOUND AN ALARM IT ISN'T WORKING REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE TEST BUTTON TELLS YOU.

Oh and I did disappear to Spain for a bit which was nice - if expensive...

Don't have a surgical history is my advice - I revised my health insurance since I was kind of 50/50 at the time of our booked flights and flying within several weeks of surgery - OMG the £££s (yes that's three figures) for a few weeks, cost me more than our flights did. I'm opting for a funeral pyre on a beach somewhere next year rather than that - I'll even gather the wood myself on arrival :D Still with Brexit looming and the thought of more Scottish winters to come I'm inclined to spend whatever I have left a bit more productively and somewhere a tad warmer - the seed has been sown - the wife is keen to move too - so the only problem is the youngest (turning teen) - who is adamant she ain't moving to Spain (sigh). Maybe she will discover boys with tans soon and all that will change (did I just say that lol).

For the fans (cough)

I will post a backlog - cause I have photos n notes.

In brief weird weather - isn't it always tho - that's why it's called a temperate climate :

Mould all round (some caught early) - some not.

The winners this year (and I think sometimes we try to get fancy in our seed choices) are the old schools, since the last isn't really a full auto it was an interesting and very successful comparison.

Northern Lights Auto & White Widow Auto - and - (well you will have missed all my internal gripes of OMG its a freekin monster what will the neighbours say - I can recognise the fan leaves from the 2nd floor) the near 6' tall Super Auto - Super Stinky (I didn't think it was living up to it's name till I brought it indoors for harvest and had to lock it in the office - before carefully retracing my steps through the communal stairway with a can of air freshener). That was harvested yesterday (1st signs of mould but had cloudy trichs - so got the chop).

I will do a proper write up - so although not a live log you can see how it went (the outdoor girls other than getting an occasional dose of tomato fertiliser really didn't get any attention till the start of August).

Laters...

Last edited:
Whats up bro,i was windering where u took off too...are you gonna crve a pumkin this year? There will be another competition!

I am 55lat UK been growing outdoor for year's. I hope you dont mind if I pull a chair for this grow? I will have to make a outdoor thread here this year to. Anyone know if it's ok to post autos and photos in this section? Horse tail tea is a good foliage spay that help prevent mould.

Sorry brock1 alas (for the moment) I have hung up my outdoors - I ripped two tendons on one knee so no digging this year - it's all swimming and physio - my consultant then said summit about a gym pass<< eek (i'm not a gym Hippy lol). We also have new housing that overlooks my garden ^^insert expletives here!!! After years of getting all the neighbours on-board so that I could do a garden grow without anybody freaking out..... (hard in a shared communal garden).

I never did complete the logs for either indoor or outdoor grows last year (I should remove those tags)(too much real life going on and also a bout of 'paranoia' << should I really be leaving a log of every grow...etc etc...documented and photographed in-situ.) but I will say that the Super Stinky (Super Auto) << aka semi-photo so it will go late before flower, and White Widow Auto's both went very well (even unattended outdoors)...

Re: creating threads... I think (since it's illegal in the UK) you have to either take on the attitude of FUCK IT and post anyway. That was my initial attitude (and remains my general attitude). HOWEVER it suddenly occurred to me that every journal and 'oh I got xx grams from' was really a gravy-train of evidence that could be potentially used against me in a Court of Law (if only as hearsay) - so while I now comment I rarely tell folks what's going on here << lets just say between Mephisto and my small indoors I'm managing self-sufficiency

If I were to start posting Journals here at the moment I would want to be using a disposable email for the account and a VPN for posting and site access.

Personally I stopped posting all the pretty pics and just try to help where I can :D

And I dont use a VPN to hide << cause I'm that over 50 rudeboy ... but do consider what you want to post and how/why...

Somebody on Staff should open a thread on AFN Security BtW

Last edited:
Back