Lighting Test grow with DIY light (4x Citizen CLU048 with 200w meanwell driver / DP AutoEuforia)

MedGrower

That hydrodude again
Reaction score
My setup is as follows:

Grow space:
DIY cabinet 60cm x 100cm x 200cm (DxWxH) = 0,60 m2
Reflective material on the walls is Orca growfilm

Lights:

Grow Northern HS1 for early vegetative period
DIY COB light fixture (4x Citizen CLU048-1212 4000K CRI80 -COBs with 200w meanwell driver)
Lightcycle: 20 / 4

Reservoir:
DIY water reservoir for 2 plants. Operational capacity 21 to 25 litres. 4 airstones and 1 airpump running at 9.6 litres per minute.

Nutrient line-up:
Advanced Nutrients. Two reasons for this; Even though I am really impressed with Remo Nutrients and I am mainly switching over to them, I want to use these nutrients up. Other reason is that I have had more experience with AN -line and therefore consider it a better selection when the main purpose is to test out how the light will perform. Less "unknown" variables there are, the better.

I will be using Remo Nutrients VeloKelp at the beginning of the product since it is a good kelp product and should stimulate a good root development. I used to use Canna's Rhizotonic for that but I really don't like how it raises the pH of the solution.

Air movement:
Carbon filter and exaust fan (280m3/h)
Oscillating fan

I am growing 2x DP's AutoEuforia. Started them in rockwool cubes @ 6.2pH and 0.3 EC

Babywater was made with:
AN Sensi Grow 0.5ml per litre
AN Rhinoskin 0,5ml per litre
AN Voodoo Juice 1ml per litre
Remo Nutrients VeloKelp 1ml per litre

Light distance from canopy: 42cm / 17 inches

PICS:
AE D2 overview.JPG

AE D2 closeup.JPG

Last edited:
Looking forward to this one dude. I take it you ph your res when using the ph perfect range from advanced nutes in dwc.
Just asking cause i know some people just leave it since advanced claims it doesnt need it in any media- common question with a lot of fisrt time hydro growers.

Looking forward to this one dude. I take it you ph your res when using the ph perfect range from advanced nutes in dwc.
Just asking cause i know some people just leave it since advanced claims it doesnt need it in any media- common question with a lot of fisrt time hydro growers.
Good call. I just set up my buddy Bobby with a seed and light, yesterday I checked his city water ph which came back at 9.0 ph perfect wouldn't come close to getting this right.

Holy moly! Just came back from work and was blown away how much attention this growdiary has already gotten from you guys! Wow, I am happy to see so much interest in this. :toke:

Can't wait! Let's get a shot of the DIY too

Hey BigSm and welcome! Yeah that is a good idea. Let me tag these pictures of the fixture here. This has internal potentiometer so I might be using the light a bit earlier with having it dimmed down. I guess the internal potentiometer then keeps the voltage going to the COB's the same as they need something like 36V to even light up, and it only changes the amps? I am kinda confused about the princible how it works. Anyway, here's the pics:

LED bottom02.JPG

LED lights on.JPG

Gonna be watching this one closely....
Happy growing!
Thank you bro! You're welcome! This surely is going to be very interesting adventure for me.

I have a feeling that you are going to fill the tent up with those two!
You very well may be right! Let's hope so man.

Welcome aboard!

Hey bro! Yeah I measure and monitor the pH always no matter what promises I hear from the nutrient manufacturer. I've noticed some pH swing and not optimal pH with AN -line also, despite the promises but to their credit, I have to say, I've had the best and most stable pH using their Sensi -product line. Generally I have noticed that with almost every nutrient line I've used, the pH acts more stable towards the end of the growth so the monitoring really is most important in from the beginning to at least to half way of the generative stage.

Mind if I follow along? Are you planning to let them grow natural or do some LST?
You're most welcome to follow along man! Almost always I end up doing some form of LST bro. I plan to let them grow as natural as they can, given the space, but as they are two different phenotypes and therefore grow differently from each other, I have to control the height of the canopy to keep it as even I can. I think this is kind of strain that stays naturally pretty small and not too strechy so also given that, I see no need to do anything more than simple canopy control.

Back