Outdoor termites

D

drjkl

I have had problems with termites outdoors around pine trees in the past. Does anyone have a safe way to deal with them. I thought about adding cedar chips to the soil but think it will drop ph. Also does anyone have suggestions on changes to FDs soil mix for outdoors. I was going to add some polymers to the soil to help water retention should I do anything else.

Try planting some of these natural Termite Poisons around the area:
Termites.JPG
hope it's readable...

here's the link: Termite Control without Chemicals

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply Noods. I saw white pine and a couple of cedars in the list. I could use pine bark for my mulch and mix cedar chips in the soil. I guess I would rather worry about dropping ph than 420 termites. Do you know what type of damage termites do with the munchies.

From what I gather, they get in around the roots and eat their way up through the stock, hollowing it and the side branches out. Pretty disastrous. Make SURE you have the right wood chips and bark, if you're going to go that route. Using wood products that are appealing to them could sort of back-fire.
Good Luck! :peace:

When I had this problem I pulled a plant and did a autopsy because I couldn't figure out my problem. They had ate their way through the roots and stalk from the inside. Just in case any of you ever have this problem the symptoms are the leaves start turning yellow and falling off from the bottom to the top. I was lucky to have 9 inches of bud left at the end of the branches on some large sativas when i pulled them. Do not pull up the plant they are in or they will move to the next one

Back