There's a low power veg switch on current models, and future models will have the potentiometer dimming(dial-an-efficiency). Spectrum covers from seed to harvest. 3500k 80cri is the favorite all purpose spectrum, but I'm sure he would do custom spectrums, 5000k for dedicated veg area, 3000k 80/90cri for dedicated flowering.

IMG_20160706_054144.jpg

Daisy chain yes, and free Daisy chain cables with multiple units purchased(opposed to multiple plugs)

Last edited:
Oh well I was co.plelty wrong I didn't have that in the info I got. So looks like pretty much the same lights I guess it's just up to price and if you want to choose your own Kelvin cob....

I'll go back and edit the wrong info.

Amares a great light nothing wrong with it. I'm still guessing on the overall light output(should be 2umol/j+) but it's high efficiency no doubt. Probably close to double the efficiency you saw from a burnt up Mars 1200 for the same price. :d

PLC will do custom 5000k for dedicated veg lights as well I know. And I'm sure amare would do custom work too. But 3500k 80cri is the go to all purpose. I believe amare uses 3000k 90cri and supplements more blue monos? Can't remember, seen another company going the opposite way, 4000k with 660 monos, so there's no "perfect" spectrum, that can even vary between strains. My perpetual grow tent goes 5000k-4000k-3500k-3000k. It's all good light. :D

I've seen amare has new bar lights coming as well. Those are loved for the modular design. More lights to fit different sized spaces.

Last edited:
I have read numerous times that the 3500k is the most ideal for veg and flower but lacks a little in veg. I'm just thrilled to see so many wanting to ditch the blurple and finally get into some efficient LEDs that actually do what they say they do.

Back