Lighting Summary on the influence of UVB-radiation on cannabis

Hi there,

(sorry for my broken engrish)

Maybe this might be useful. I was growing critical + (photo) from dinafem seeds over 1 year (clones only, SOG).
I have a digital ballast and used dual spectrum hps's (250-400-600 watt) in a cooltube (80 cm x 80 cm tent). I was never growing something else than critical + (due to location problems i am not able to order seeds online) and cloned that one seed like there is no tomorrow. All i want to say, is, everything changed after i get osram ultra vitalux 300 watt uva / uvb lamp.

On my last run, they were under 250/400 watt hps (cooltubed) (first 2 weeks 250 watt, than 400 watt until the end)+ osram vitalux 300 watt 15 min x 6 per day. (Its distance was about 30 cm (1 foot) to the plants.). I never smoked something like that before in my growing carrier. I have maybe over 20 runs with critical + under my belt (perpetual), but that one was the real killer. I never saw so much trichomes, the high was too much for me to be honestly. Sadly, i did not take any pics, but i am growing autos now and i will definitely take some pics. I think, i will get one more bulb for my second tray.

The bulb is not getting hot (like HID's), but the area must be getting hot (i was never there when the lamp runs). I checked the grow chamber after the light goes out (uvb one) and i did not monitor any heat changes. (there is negative air pressure in the tent). I am totally pleased with that bulb and i will never grow without it. My clones did never get veg time and they always stand short (30 cm max donkey disks :rofl:) with or without uvb enchantment.

I gave em just veg nutes (advanced 3 part ph perfect), some silica, white shark, canna rhizotonic, molasses and lots of aact. Coco Perlite hempy style.

Info:

Introduction:

The Osram Ultra-Vitalux 300w E27 lamp is a self ballasted UVA/UVB lamp. These lamps are commonly used in Zoos to provide amphibians and reptiles with important UV radiation which they need to produce vitamin D. They are also used in some curing processes.

Technical:

UVA radiation 280-315nm 2.2W/m2
UVB radiation 315-400nm 5.1W/m2
Visible radiation 380-780nm 12W/m2

Electrical data:
Nominal wattage 300.00 W
Nominal voltage 230 V
Lamp voltage 230 V
Construction voltage 230.00 V
Photometrical data Radiated power 315-400 nm (UVA) 13.6 W
Radiated power 280 - 315 nm (UVB) 3.0 W

Hope this helps.

Peace, regen.

I have to say that since the time i wrote this and now, very much has changed.

I've learned a lot on that topic and now looking at this "summary" makes me feel bad for beeing very inaccurate.

All i want to say is, that this summary needs to be updated or deleted because it is not correct. Sad part about it is, that i dont have the rights to edit my own post....

I have to say that since the time i wrote this and now, very much has changed.

I've learned a lot on that topic and now looking at this "summary" makes me feel bad for beeing very inaccurate.

All i want to say is, that this summary needs to be updated or deleted because it is not correct. Sad part about it is, that i dont have the rights to edit my own post....

Actually LowBob, we do have the edit ability. Just not forever. If you hit the report button under your post and give a brief explanation of what you want to do, one of the Mods will probably accommodate you.

well i dont have the time atm to change it, but it is a topic that can harm your own health so i think it would be better to delete it until i got the time for writing and calculating it new

well i dont have the time atm to change it, but it is a topic that can harm your own health so i think it would be better to delete it until i got the time for writing and calculating it new

Do what you think is right. UVB is a subject that draws pretty strong opinions both pro and con and this little exercise, started mostly to stimulate conversation, isn't likely to sway anyone either way.

Well, as long as it is clear that it is wrong and needs to be updated, I don't have a problem with it staying online ;)

Do what you think is right. UVB is a subject that draws pretty strong opinions both pro and con and this little exercise, started mostly to stimulate conversation,

I recently added a solarcure UV bulb to my tent. The bulb is not centered so it is is closer to the buds on one side of my plants. So after about 5 days of using the bulbs (2 hours a day at the beginning of the light on cycle) the buds on each plant that are closer to the light are showing noticeably higher density of trichomes. I have the lights around 14 to 24 inches away depending upon the bud sites. All the buds appear to have accelerated trichome development ( totally based upon my observations and not on any rigorous testing ) - but the closer buds are clearly showing the biggest increases.

Back