New Grower Suki's Perpetual Grow-a-thon

Day 31 - Biscauto
20220214_132358.jpg

I don't really know enough about the living soil grows or KNF to advise you. But when I have something go awry I usually would try something different. Could be a bad seedling but it looks like after transplant that some of the others are not really happy. If I had some completely different soil I would try it to see if it makes a difference or even some more traditional fertilizer. Could be a bad seedling as well. Sometimes you have to treat it as a learning experience. Dan Hinckley famous plantsman said something along the lines of "if you ain't killing plants you are not really a gardener". Meaning if you are not trying to grow new and exciting things in new and exciting ways you are just stagnating. You need to go outside of your comfort zone. Sometimes you need linear thinking, sometimes outside of the box. Example: I have lived here for 30 years, when I grow tomatoes I will get blossom end rot if I do not add Epsom salts to the soil, water in, or foliar feed with Mag. So obviously I have Mag issues with my weed as well. The last thing I did this fall is to fertilize all my vegetable patches with Dr. Earth so some of it will break down before planting season. I would sell perennial plants every year for years. I would do them from starts and grow them for 1 to 3 years in pots and in the ground. Fastest way to grow them is to use bloom booster fertilizer, cause you would get the best root systems. Best soil amendment you buy = mushroom compost, I am not buying it by the bag but by the bucket or yard, fresh. It's the thing you learn along the way that really help you in the long run. Oh yeah, I still fuck things up but it is all part of the process.
Would you mind elaborating on the mushroom compost thing?

Back