New Grower Suki's Perpetual Grow-a-thon

Day 7 - SBAK #2
20220126_150951.jpg

View attachment 1412241
As much as I hate giving up on plants, I really don't think this girl is going to make it. I'm starting to think I should repot the WZ and Biscauto into individual 10gal pots and either cull this one or stick her in a small pot and see if she gets any better. Don't really want to put her and the Biscauto into a 20gal only to have her wither and then have a bunch of wasted space.
I just went through this. Transferred out of 5 gals to 2 gal fabrics and then had to go back to five gals because they ended up okay. I am not patient at all and thought I should have tossed them but I was wrong. I have also come to the conclusion that there are plants that are stunted and there are plants that are slow. The slow ones actually will be okay and they seem to not be on the same day count. I would just put her in a small pot, not to small.

What do you think is going on with this one? I am curious because the one thing I find perplexing is how to correct things in a living soil grows.
With her being a solo, I think it may be a combination of things. She is definitely root bound as hell, when I pulled her out of the cup yesterday to look it was just a solid mass of roots basically. The soil that was still in there may have been a tad overly moist but not 100% sure. I do think with the small soil volume it lends to deficiencies in the solo when trying to use living soil for sure, even with the knf inputs. Add to that that even the coco growers seem to be having issues keeping the Wedding Glue solos happy, I'm wondering if it may be a strain thing. I know there have been a lot of people dealing with yellowing, though if its due to hunger, pH, or light I'm not sure. I know all of them have been mentioned in the other participants grow journals.

I just went through this. Transferred out of 5 gals to 2 gal fabrics and then had to go back to five gals because they ended up okay. I am not patient at all and thought I should have tossed them but I was wrong. I have also come to the conclusion that there are plants that are stunted and there are plants that are slow. The slow ones actually will be okay and they seem to not be on the same day count. I would just put her in a small pot, not to small.
Its not so much that she's stunted/small or whatever, but more the really lumpy leaves with the new development of the brown discoloration that are making me question if she's going to make it. Both her sisters are in the exact same soil and have been given the exact same treatment, so I'm assuming if it were something I was doing they would all be suffering from the same thing. Both of her sisters have perked up considerably since yesterday though, while she just looks worse.

Its not so much that she's stunted/small or whatever, but more the really lumpy leaves with the new development of the brown discoloration that are making me question if she's going to make it. Both her sisters are in the exact same soil and have been given the exact same treatment, so I'm assuming if it were something I was doing they would all be suffering from the same thing. Both of her sisters have perked up considerably since yesterday though, while she just looks worse.
I had two rocbud grapemint23 and both came up slow and the one just stop growing after its first set of leaves. It never grew past the initial taproot when I pulled it. The other was really small for a while and started growing., but was a little deformed twisted lumpy. Then it started growing better. It is not the biggest plant in the tent but it ain't small, probably 1.5 x 1.5 ft and still stretching. So it was worth keeping, Suki, I am still trying to figure out how many plants you got going and when you actually get any sleep.

I had two rocbud grapemint23 and both came up slow and the one just stop growing after its first set of leaves. It never grew past the initial taproot when I pulled it. The other was really small for a while and started growing., but was a little deformed twisted lumpy. Then it started growing better. It is not the biggest plant in the tent but it ain't small, probably 1.5 x 1.5 ft and still stretching. So it was worth keeping, Suki, I am still trying to figure out how many plants you got going and when you actually get any sleep.
One big girl in the 2x2, 9 in the 4x4, plus 2/3 tiny bottom arms off the wedding glue I stuck in a solo and they may or may not survive, and I just planted 3 stinging Nettle starts in a 1gal so we will see if those come up.

Aye, that one on the right.... that's gone well hasn't it?

I'm far from experienced on the solo cup front however, I've observed most of the "good" grows have been in coco. I think it lends itself to the small volume better than soil. Plus St.Tom is the solo master and he is a coco enthusiast.

Back