Extraction Strain results tracking for Rosin pressing

Hey @Ozone69 or @witchyhour .. Question for you guys.. My pressing has returned results similar looking to th the ghost/leroy picture.. When i run this thru the enail at 680-730F it leaves the banger real dirty.. Is anybody else having similar issues? What temps is everone else running??
I use my concentrates tank with a vaporizer battery that doesn't show temps, is that what you meant?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So, last week I squeezed some rosin from harvest hash, using my new press...had I already posted this here?
94dbd5492be85a897c9a8a51c0df21a7.jpg
4b693237fed96f041752d90680541ff3.jpg
4cd1d244592bc26002af9f73f67dd195.jpg
3b7b765a87a9ade2856ee87d09ac1259.jpg

One I pressed out this morning to kick things off...

Strain: Ghost of LeeRoy (photoperiod)
Breeder: Rare Dankness
Rosin Results: Excellent!!
Dry/Cure: 5 day dry post harvest, 3.5 week cure with Boveda 62 pack

I pressed six packets ranging from 1.5 to 2.0 grams each pressing straight flower with no screen or pressing bag. Flower in the rosin pucks was rather crumbly after pressing, so did get a bit more than average plant material in oil, though still not much. Oil is on the super goopy side, and requires cooling for any kind of real handling. Will stick to silicon mats at room temp. I didn't get an exact measurement total of the packages, so I'm guestimating the total flower was about 10-12 grams, which would calculate to about a 20-25 percent return on the pressing with the 2.5g of oil I got out of it.

View attachment 749169 View attachment 749170
What press do you use? That looks amazing!

What press do you use? That looks amazing!

I run the plate kit from an outfit named NewVape that mounts onto a Harbor Freight (or likely other brands as well) shop press. I've been wishing for a while now that I had the setup room to make a video of the whole pre-press, press, and cold press workflow I've got going for it. Should be kicking off a remodel on the garage into a workshop in the next few weeks, so might have to incorporate that into the mix at some point. :smoking:

IMG_4291.JPG

I run the plate kit from an outfit named NewVape that mounts onto a Harbor Freight (or likely other brands as well) shop press. I've been wishing for a while now that I had the setup room to make a video of the whole pre-press, press, and cold press workflow I've got going for it. Should be kicking off a remodel on the garage into a workshop in the next few weeks, so might have to incorporate that into the mix at some point. :smoking:

View attachment 767078
That's awesome! [emoji106] [emoji7] [emoji76] [emoji178]

Just pressed 4 g of Forgotten Cookies and got .73 g of rosin using a DulytekDM1005 press set at 220f for 2 minutes. A little less than 20 percent. I harvested in June. Anyone know on average how much rosin is lost when a rosin bag is used?

View attachment 767078
I use same 1 bud, accept I replaced jack with a 6 ton husky. HF 1 is jacked up pun intended lol. Sorry that was bad but had to. I got it with the 25% off coupon they send out for holiday sales. Nice was gonna get 12 ton but this 1 I can move around easily. I dont know how I missed this thread been saying we should have this lol. I only dab now so I will go back and look for stuff I have done. I currently just harvested with 1 still to come they are as listed.

Fastbuds - Zkittlez
Wicked Pissah Seeds - Strawberry Fog
Healing Path Genetics - WWCBD
Royal Queen Seeds - Solomatic

Still have a Green Crack from Fastbuds to chop. I will be doing all of the and will post results.

Back