Extraction Strain results tracking for Rosin pressing

Ozone69

Just some lurker dude
Reaction score
Thought it might be nice to have a place where folks using rosin presses can post up what kind of results they get for various strains. I know in my pressing so far, I get VASTLY different results from strain to strain. So when I next go seed shopping, knowing that others have had good results with a particular strain versus bad results with another might help me make better strain choices.

Anyhow...that's the general idea behind the thread. No template for now...maybe one will come out of the discussion. Just post up which strains you have had good, bad, and mixed results with.

Happy Pressing!!!!!

One I pressed out this morning to kick things off...

Strain: Ghost of LeeRoy (photoperiod)
Breeder: Rare Dankness
Rosin Results: Excellent!!
Dry/Cure: 5 day dry post harvest, 3.5 week cure with Boveda 62 pack

I pressed six packets ranging from 1.5 to 2.0 grams each pressing straight flower with no screen or pressing bag. Flower in the rosin pucks was rather crumbly after pressing, so did get a bit more than average plant material in oil, though still not much. Oil is on the super goopy side, and requires cooling for any kind of real handling. Will stick to silicon mats at room temp. I didn't get an exact measurement total of the packages, so I'm guestimating the total flower was about 10-12 grams, which would calculate to about a 20-25 percent return on the pressing with the 2.5g of oil I got out of it.

IMG_3995.JPG
IMG_3996.JPG

Other strains I have pressed in the past and my opinions on the return:

Sweet Seeds, Auto Berry Bomb: Very Good return. Good strain for pressing
Dinafem: Auto Blue Amnesia XXL: No return. All presses so far have resulted in a watery mess with no usable oil. Recommend using for butter, oil, or other than rosin press.
Grilled Cheese: Boulder Rec Shop breeder (don't remember the name), photoperiod strain. Mid grade results. Decent yield. Oil required cooling to work with..too goopy at room temp.
Dinafem: Critical + Auto: Good Results. Good return, good strain for pressing.

That's all I can remember off top of my head. Be a while before the current growing Devil Cream Auto will have some results, but I'll get those up when I get it to the press.

I'll be adding stuff soon!

So far, the very best yield I've got was from my Delicious Candy by Delicious Seeds, photo plant. I'll add more info as I try and record results from my 10+ different strains, at different RH levels and ages.

Thanks for starting this! [emoji121] [emoji2] [emoji108] [emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hey @Ozone69 or @witchyhour .. Question for you guys.. My pressing has returned results similar looking to th the ghost/leroy picture.. When i run this thru the enail at 680-730F it leaves the banger real dirty.. Is anybody else having similar issues? What temps is everone else running??

It leaves a little more residue on my nail than the store bought stuff does. Seems like the rosin goes further, but I forget to put a smaller bit on the dabber so end up with a little pooled on the nail more frequently. I just use a torch and TI nail, so don't really know for sure what temp. Usually torch it to where it's just starting to barely glow reddish right where the flame touches, then let it cool down for a few seconds while I put the dome on.

It leaves a little more residue on my nail than the store bought stuff does. Seems like the rosin goes further, but I forget to put a smaller bit on the dabber so end up with a little pooled on the nail more frequently. I just use a torch and TI nail, so don't really know for sure what temp. Usually torch it to where it's just starting to barely glow reddish right where the flame touches, then let it cool down for a few seconds while I put the dome on.
Hmmm. Ill keep adjusting the temp till i get better results, my torch method is the same except i have a quartz banger..

Hey @Ozone69 or @witchyhour .. Question for you guys.. My pressing has returned results similar looking to th the ghost/leroy picture.. When i run this thru the enail at 680-730F it leaves the banger real dirty.. Is anybody else having similar issues? What temps is everone else running??

I'm using Quarts and it will leave a black mark if the temp to too low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more flavour with a low temp dab.ive seen q tips used on quartz bangers by the posh people that like to have a clean fresh taste every hit.
another way is to

:pighug:

Back