Storing seeds?

I used to keep them in film canisters inside a small cooler in the basement but after some poor germ rates I decided to move them. I bought a "diamond painting kit" off Amazon and keep the case in the fridge now. Lots of nice little vials and foam cutout to hold them. Several sizes.

465eb66f-f8de-4834-b4e3-32dd6b250e57.72e5135342e3ab7cf93cc3d3614667a7.jpeg

Amazon product

Do they have 'm bigger?

I just ordered for next winter's grow.

Will room temp be okay or should I I seal them in a jar with a silica packet in the refrigerator?
Recently learned that one issue with Silica/dessicant packets is that when they wear out they can start having the opposite effect and attracting moisture around the seeds.
Also, If you just put them in the fridge be aware that you should only take them out again when you're ready to plant. If you have to take them out, make sure to put them back quickly or leave them out for no more than an hour before putting back in the fridge. If they've been out more than an hour, plant asap.

Oh yes, there are very large kits. I thought the 60 canister was a lot. Just look for "diamond painting kits"

The XXL has 420 vials. It's obviously perfect.

81jnY8SpemL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Amazon product

Ordered myself a 120 vial box. Each vial holds 10ml, which is more then enough for a couple hundred seeds...Thanks for the tip buddy :toke:

Mine are in mini paper envelopes, mini zip locks, or vials, all in dried rice in a mason jar with tinfoil cover in the back of the fridge.

Maybe I have been doing it wrong, but I never extract seeds quickly, I always let the mason come completely to room temp before opening. If this is not done, the cold contents could result in condensation on the rice and seed containers. So far, I have not noticed a problem with seeds treated this way. I would be interesting in any actual test results showing that brief warming in the absence of moisture causes problems with germination. :pighug:

Back