Storing seeds?

I just ordered for next winter's grow.

Will room temp be okay or should I I seal them in a jar with a silica packet in the refrigerator?
I just keep mine in a tuppaware box and i hear others using the fridge I've never bothered with the latter

I use old allergy pill jars. Keep that little humidity capsule. Store in a drawer in a metal box (labeled ofc) with the beans i ordered previously. If its cool and dry and the container seals.. my experience says this simple method is effective.

I have a bunch of ziplocks labeled (fem photo, reg photo, landrace, autos, etc.) Those go into a gallon freezer bag that I keep in the fridge.

But now that I'm chucking pollen on everything, I'm going to need a bigger bag and fridge! :eek2:

All seeds go into vials which are then plugged with a piece of cotton and topped off with some desiccant.
Then they go into a vialbox which is sealed up with some tape around the edges and put on the top shelf of my fridge.

I used to keep them in film canisters inside a small cooler in the basement but after some poor germ rates I decided to move them. I bought a "diamond painting kit" off Amazon and keep the case in the fridge now. Lots of nice little vials and foam cutout to hold them. Several sizes.

465eb66f-f8de-4834-b4e3-32dd6b250e57.72e5135342e3ab7cf93cc3d3614667a7.jpeg

Amazon product

Back