Indoor SS Thunder Banana Bonsai

I broke out the par meter, she is getting 700umol's at the top colas, but they are only 7" from the light. She doesn't seem to mind it too much. From the wall the light, drivers, fan and controller are pulling 29.9 watts !

That is a fairly efficient setup for a single plant! I raked most of the perlite that floated to the surface when watering, what was left is a matt surface of fine roots! She has a heck of a root structure. It took awhile to figure out a proper watering procedure, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started using a spray bottle to uniformly water the soil twice a day. Even though the planter is 7" x 9" it only has 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" deep soil so I was seeing over watering and thirst within 6-8 hours of each other, LOL
I think you have made yourself a proper small grow space low wattage too so it's a win 🏆 also I'd love to see a solo cup or two in there and top them early keep them low

I think you have made yourself a proper small grow space low wattage too so it's a win 🏆 also I'd love to see a solo cup or two in there and top them early keep them low
Thanks for stopping by!

You know something has been on my mind, and that is a solo grow. But I would be trying something new to me and that is coco. I have a bag of Buffered coco/perlite and some AN 3part GMB just sitting there along with a solo cup........ I wouldn't mind that challange!

Thanks for stopping by!

You know something has been on my mind, and that is a solo grow. But I would be trying something new to me and that is coco. I have a bag of Buffered coco/perlite and some AN 3part GMB just sitting there along with a solo cup........ I wouldn't mind that challange!
Honestly bro there pretty easy to do I just treat it like a shrunken down big pot so same feed just lower amounts also I'm not sure if you seen mine but I've got a load together if you want a gander

I forgot to mention in last weeks update that I turned the full spectrum lights down and increased the 3000k led's to maintain a 700umol on the top of the cola.

She also has been getting AN big bud every week since week8 and she got AN overdrive last week and this week in her water.

Well, this girl became a century girl, 100 days today!

Happy Birthday !

Seeing about half opaque, half clear and no amber trichomes yet! She is still bulking up but that should end here soon as almost all the pistils are orange now and some of the leaves are showing a light reddish tinting as the fade starts, It won't be long now!
IMG_20230615_115235.jpg
IMG_20230615_115245.jpg

Last edited:
Day 105, she got a close cropped haircut, trichomes are mostly opaque, a few ambers(not many yet). She is still bulking up and drinking water. Pistils are all orange. IMHO she has about a week left, but we have a lot of rain and humidity coming, starting this afternoon, I might have to chop her very soon! The Gnomes have all started their harvest party!

IMG_20230618_124232.jpg

A few more pics,

IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lil Dab and leaff

St. Tom

Awesome journal and a superb plant and I say that as I know how hard these are to grow
Back