sprout growing sideways?

When the pot needs water.
20210512_010800.jpg
20210511_012929.jpg

Would you mind telling me to leave this one alone too or am i right to be concerned? It sprouted the 9th with its shell still on, took it off the next day with ease but now it hasnt moved or grown from this position at all, cotelydons not opening in the slightest bit. Different strain, white widow from seedsman. Same conditions as the other 2 which are thriving now.

Attachments

• 20210512_010740.jpg
    20210512_010740.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
View attachment 1317493View attachment 1317494
Would you mind telling me to leave this one alone too or am i right to be concerned? It sprouted the 9th with its shell still on, took it off the next day with ease but now it hasnt moved or grown from this position at all, cotelydons not opening in the slightest bit. Different strain, white widow from seedsman. Same conditions as the other 2 which are thriving now.
Yep just let it grow.

You are still watering wrong.

A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. The lateral feeder roots are not far behind. Roots will not grow into dry soil. If the roots hit a dry spot they stop growing in that direction. This can in turn stunt the plants potential growth. This is only part of the reason to water the entire pot. The second reason is the soil microbes go dormant in dry soil or worse die. Soil needs to be maintained moist. It is a living ecosystem.

A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. The lateral feeder roots are not far behind. Roots will not grow into dry soil. If the roots hit a dry spot they stop growing in that direction. This can in turn stunt the plants potential growth. This is only part of the reason to water the entire pot. The second reason is the soil microbes go dormant in dry soil or worse die. Soil needs to be maintained moist. It is a living ecosystem.
So i can go ahead and give it the same amount of water as the older seedlings? Basically saturating the whole pot from germinating seed in soil till harvest is the way to water?

I said it all in post #8.

I said it all in post #8.
Im sorry if im making this harder than what it is, i just like to get a clear cut understanding of things before i carry something out. I appreciate your patience and help alot! I just have one last question, so when you say dont get the area under the seedling wet but i need to water the entire pot, did you mean water around the entire pot but avoid pouring too much water at the stem? Again i really appreciate the help.

Im sorry if im making this harder than what it is, i just like to get a clear cut understanding of things before i carry something out. I appreciate your patience and help alot! I just have one last question, so when you say dont get the area under the seedling wet but i need to water the entire pot, did you mean water around the entire pot but avoid pouring too much water at the stem? Again i really appreciate the help.
Exactly, if the underside of the seedling stays wet and in contact with the soil it will be susceptible to damping off (look it up). If that seedling is not standing up by now move your lights closer.

Back