Spider Mites

2 weeks from chop? Shop vac.... not pretty... and not exactly gentle... but can keep them at bay for a short while. Don't think there's time to get predators and then have them give you a hand.
Have done the vacuum thing... go gentle and try and keep the nozzle just close enough to suck off the critters and webs. Once chopped, they will vacate those plants... and go looking for others... so be prepared to see them again in the near future... so a round of predatory mites might be a good idea anyways.

Well if I can just get another 20 days out of it, I can clear the whole tent and scrub and wait 'em out. Right now I have to manage what I can to save what I can. I think I am gonna get some Phytoseiulus Persimilis unless I hear something that changes my mind on them. I thought maybe ladybugs but I think they would harder to control, what with the flying and shit.

Give your plant a shot of tonic :haha: A foliar feed of 5 parts fulvic acid, 2 Parts Kelp, B-vitamins and some yucca powder (surfactant) can help convert ammonium nitrate in the plant to proteins and the mites will find the plant less attractive.

This is a good explanation:

Then if you need to get more pro active I would look at Spinosad. Then wash your bud at harvest.

:goodluck:

Holy balls, that's a solution I've heard of (both the solution and the solution:eyebrows:) Thanks so much!

I had these and just like MOG, I never want to see them again. I had to shut down my perpetual grow to clean, and this is what I did and didn't get them back. I vacuumed everything, including under the "tray" that comes with the tent, lights etc. Washed everything down with bleach and let dry. I then sprayed the entire tent down with ISO, it melts the little creeps. I also set off Dr. Doom pyrethrum bombs in each tent.

I sprayed my VEG plants with diluted ISO as well, it was great to see the mites melted through my magnifier. I also used predatory mites earlier (much more effective in the veg tent as they hate sticky feet from the buds, but they also kept the mites under control in the flower tent so I could save my harvest at least).

Best of luck to anyone encountering these nasty SOB's.

Spidermites do make ya skin crawl especially when they wanna eat the same plant you wanna burn.....makes one do a bunch of stuff to get rid of a almost invisible enemy. Been years but I remember the visit those fuckers made to my perpetual grow...but I had invited them in. Helping another grow friend who had'em and you know how that goes. Upon seeing webs, I vac-ed what I could, dusted with DE. Hung a hot shot no pest strip in tent. Next day vac some more, reapply DE. A few days of this, along with the no pest strip, no further action was required. The most affected plant did get ya high as long as you could ignore the pop and crackle...lol.

Spidermites do make ya skin crawl especially when they wanna eat the same plant you wanna burn.....makes one do a bunch of stuff to get rid of a almost invisible enemy. Been years but I remember the visit those fuckers made to my perpetual grow...but I had invited them in. Helping another grow friend who had'em and you know how that goes. Upon seeing webs, I vac-ed what I could, dusted with DE. Hung a hot shot no pest strip in tent. Next day vac some more, reapply DE. A few days of this, along with the no pest strip, no further action was required. The most affected plant did get ya high as long as you could ignore the pop and crackle...lol.

1,000 Thank yous.

So I was wondering about the DE and if it had any effect on the flowers. Haven't seen any webs ....... YET........I know how this story goes. I also hear about the Hot Spot strips, but I wonder if that chemical will get into the flowers, AND I wonder about the effectiveness against the mites. How does the hanging strip catch the mites?

I had these and just like MOG, I never want to see them again. I had to shut down my perpetual grow to clean, and this is what I did and didn't get them back. I vacuumed everything, including under the "tray" that comes with the tent, lights etc. Washed everything down with bleach and let dry. I then sprayed the entire tent down with ISO, it melts the little creeps. I also set off Dr. Doom pyrethrum bombs in each tent.

I sprayed my VEG plants with diluted ISO as well, it was great to see the mites melted through my magnifier. I also used predatory mites earlier (much more effective in the veg tent as they hate sticky feet from the buds, but they also kept the mites under control in the flower tent so I could save my harvest at least).

Best of luck to anyone encountering these nasty SOB's.

I'm sorry can you explain what MOG is please? I don't want it and would like to know how to avoid it.

The sterilization process is 1/2 underway. I only have a 4x2 tent that is divided in half with a removable velcro panel. The veg side of the tent is currently empty and being continuously sprayed with diluted iso. The 2 veggies I had have been defoliated, washed with water, washed with diluted iso, lost the top inch of soil, had DE dusted, top dressed on soil, and painted on with a paintbrush. They are isolated out of the tent in a small enclosed area. The flowering side is what I am primarily concerned about. 20 days from chop and I'm in panic mode. Would you recommend the predator mites considering I'm in advanced flower?

I'm sorry can you explain what MOG is please? I don't want it and would like to know how to avoid it.

The sterilization process is 1/2 underway. I only have a 4x2 tent that is divided in half with a removable velcro panel. The veg side of the tent is currently empty and being continuously sprayed with diluted iso. The 2 veggies I had have been defoliated, washed with water, washed with diluted iso, lost the top inch of soil, had DE dusted, top dressed on soil, and painted on with a paintbrush. They are isolated out of the tent in a small enclosed area. The flowering side is what I am primarily concerned about. 20 days from chop and I'm in panic mode. Would you recommend the predator mites considering I'm in advanced flower?

So sorry, MOG is short for the user Man 'O Green! I had to chuckle tho about you saying you want to avoid it (him)!

Glad to see you only have the one tent, MUCH easier to handle and clean that space for the mites.

As for the predators, they can be expensive (for me they were up in Canada, shipping was really pricey) so see what they cost first. I would wait anyway since the DE will stick around and it will kill the good guys too. Keep an eye on the plants for now and see what the measures you have already taken will do. Sometimes it's just band aids until harvest then clean like a mofo. Wishing you best of luck, damn I hate spider mites :cuss:

1,000 Thank yous.

So I was wondering about the DE and if it had any effect on the flowers. Haven't seen any webs ....... YET........I know how this story goes. I also hear about the Hot Spot strips, but I wonder if that chemical will get into the flowers, AND I wonder about the effectiveness against the mites. How does the hanging strip catch the mites?
DE is mechanical and has no effect on the flowers except killing the vagrants. Haven't heard of anyone snorting it...lol... As MOG pointed out, hot shot no pest strips are a strong insecticide that is released to the area it's hung in and will rid an area of anything crawling or otherwise. Personally, I put a fresh HSNPS in my germ/veg room and move used ones into the flower room. I do recommend only applying them in closed areas that you don't hang out in much. All I can add is that I've never had mites again...since I've used no pest strips for 15 yrs, I can detect no effect me effect me effect me on myself.....

Last edited:
Back