New Grower Sour Stomper and 3 Bears OG

IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1972.PNG
Seems my 2 baby girls have hit a mystery roadblock. My environment is pretty dialed, 50% rh, around 78f and lots of air circulation. My lights are working, the water is good. The only other variable is the soil. I used FFHF for my first two plants and they were rocket ships comparatively. I used this blue ribbon blend as I had an extra bag on hand and the ingredients look good. They're now on day 9 with virtually no growth in the last 5 days. They're a nice green and look happy but zero growth. Im thinking about scraping them and starting over. What do you guys think? Any input welcome!

That does look like some nice organic medium you have there. Could it maybe be running to wet or dry?

@jingo thanks for the reply bro. I really don't think watering is the issue, I'm still a super novice grower but I feel like I've been keeping the moisture right. Maybe I'll let them dry out a few days then go with a heavy watering? I'm seriously baffled. Maybe try a 1/16 strength feed? Although if nutrients were the culprit wouldn't the leaves be fading? They've got me scratching my head. :face:

I don't think you should feed. I'm not too sure about the watering situation, with that Coco in there it should have a pretty good ability to hold onto oxygen. I've never actually grown in a pot with a peat mix, but I would think it would be something that could hold some air also. I guess what I'm running around in my own brain is possibly it's under watering? The reason I say that is a lot of guys when they use soil they keep it kind of damp dry, and that really doesn't work with Coco and it probably doesn't work with peat.

So if it were me I might water it heavy you know letting it get run off and then wait several days and see what happens.

But it really is a toss-up at this point you're just going to have to go by your gut I think.

@jingo thanks for the reply bro. I really don't think watering is the issue, I'm still a super novice grower but I feel like I've been keeping the moisture right. Maybe I'll let them dry out a few days then go with a heavy watering? I'm seriously baffled. Maybe try a 1/16 strength feed? Although if nutrients were the culprit wouldn't the leaves be fading? They've got me scratching my head. :face:
Sup bro!!!!! That looks to be very strong medium I definitely wouldn't feed till week 4 or so and by then you'd be getting really close to being in flower too. I noticed with a mix like that I run a very similar medium... The first couple weeks you wanna be dry not alot of water cause coir and peat hold way more water then soil. And the roots need to really search for wster and drainage is super key to autos.

I don't think you should feed. I'm not too sure about the watering situation, with that Coco in there it should have a pretty good ability to hold onto oxygen. I've never actually grown in a pot with a peat mix, but I would think it would be something that could hold some air also. I guess what I'm running around in my own brain is possibly it's under watering? The reason I say that is a lot of guys when they use soil they keep it kind of damp dry, and that really doesn't work with Coco and it probably doesn't work with peat.

So if it were me I might water it heavy you know letting it get run off and then wait several days and see what happens.

But it really is a toss-up at this point you're just going to have to go by your gut I think.
A couple dry cycles is key in veg for a auto flower in my opinion. A plant wont get big if the roots dont get oxygen and search for water. Not dead ass bine dry but 75 to 80% drying threw has always given me huge root masses. I also grow in peat and coco. But im about 40% pearl lite and 60% coco/peat I like a very airy medium.

Last edited:
@jingo @CaptainDave420 Thanks guys. So I'll go with a heavy watering followed by a solid dry period. I'll update y'all in a couple days to see if she kicks back into gear. If not, most likely bin time and fresh soil. Thanks again and happy growing!

Back