Indoor Sour Livers - Mephisto Genetics

Reaction score
Sour Livers by Mephisto Genetics 23 and 31 days from seed. Sprouted in a germination box on wet tissue then planted directly into 14 litre buckets filled with Westland multi purpose compost (90L). All four seedlings surfaced on day four. Not tried this multi purpose compost before, it is definitely a little too hot but still growing okay. Watering with rain water only as it is near perfect PH. Topped off buckets with compost today as surface roots became visible after a recent watering. Some pistils are showing, apparently they will stink bad but no need to use carbon filter so far. Grow tent is 80 x 80 cm. Using a 300w Mars Hydro LED light with all 10 blue led's looking burned, waiting for manufacturer to honour warranty, apparently they will send out replacement parts for self soldering which saves postage back to China. Temperature of soil is around 24 degrees. My last grow nutrients run out very quickly so avoided run off when first watering this time. Don't think I'll need to feed these for another couple of weeks. Topping with farmyard manure or feeding with manure tea always gives me potent results but you do get tiny flies inside the tent so may try chicken manure pellets and or fish blood and bone for a change.

23 days.JPG
31-days.JPG

Nice man! I’m getting ready to grow 4 or 5 diff Mephisto strains!

Ripley’s OG
Sour Crack
Sour Stomper
24 carat
Sams Crack (if they send me more in my free seeds)

Can’t fucking WAIT to get them germinated properly this time

Plants look great btw! Very nice. How far away is your light from the canopy? And when are you expecting those blue diodes to come in? I’d say right now is when they’ll use them the most, veg phase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, light is about 18 inches away, will lower to about 12" soon but doubt it makes much difference. Still writing back and forth to light manufacturer, they wanted me to test power supply first, other delays taking photos getting PayPal receipt ete. Blue LEDs are working but at about 50%, all black and burned. Only did one 24/7 grow with it. Fan stopped working and I didn't notice for a day so not sure if that was the cause as never noticed issue for a while after. Close up a lot of the leaves show nute burn with leaves curling and a few shrivelled and dying so I'd recommend starting in a weaker compost if that's what you use.

Hi, light is about 18 inches away, will lower to about 12" soon but doubt it makes much difference. Still writing back and forth to light manufacturer, they wanted me to test power supply first, other delays taking photos getting PayPal receipt ete. Blue LEDs are working but at about 50%, all black and burned. Only did one 24/7 grow with it. Fan stopped working and I didn't notice for a day so not sure if that was the cause as never noticed issue for a while after. Close up a lot of the leaves show nute burn with leaves curling and a few shrivelled and dying so I'd recommend starting in a weaker compost if that's what you use.

You talking about my plants or your plants that are burnt?

Mine, sorry for the confusion, actually it looks more like nitrogen toxicity but one or two leaf tips are also showing classic signs of nutrient burn. I've not fed them so must be the compost. Have you grown any Mephisto strains before?

Mine, sorry for the confusion, actually it looks more like nitrogen toxicity but one or two leaf tips are also showing classic signs of nutrient burn. I've not fed them so must be the compost. Have you grown any Mephisto strains before?

I have not, but my order of seeds is about to get here :) couple days

Ripley’s OG
Sour Crack
Sour Stomper
24 carat
Sams Crack
Sour Livers

I’ll have at least 3 Sour Cracks and at least one of each other strain!

Yay! Should be popping at least one Sour Livers tomorrow

Great looking plants! I'm growing Sour Livers too and it's been a great strain so far.

Just in case you didn't know this strain loves leaf tucking and will produce lots of tops from it. Mine are a month old in pic I leaf trained the crap out of them.

I look forward to watching your grow.

Attachments

• 20190108_145741_Film1-1.jpg
    20190108_145741_Film1-1.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 172
Great looking plants! I'm growing Sour Livers too and it's been a great strain so far.

Just in case you didn't know this strain loves leaf tucking and will produce lots of tops from it. Mine are a month old in pic I leaf trained the crap out of them.

I look forward to watching your grow.

I can see they look shorter and bushier, did you top as well as LST? I've just foliar sprayed mine with Triacontanol plant hormone, poured what was left it into the pots. A couple of grows ago I poured a high dosage of Triacontanol diluted in water into a Lowryder 2 pot with no negative side effects, it still grew quite well so I don't worry about overdosing with that stuff. Rumour has it Canna uses it in its products as the main stimulant.

I can see they look shorter and bushier, did you top as well as LST? I've just foliar sprayed mine with Triacontanol plant hormone, poured what was left it into the pots. A couple of grows ago I poured a high dosage of Triacontanol diluted in water into a Lowryder 2 pot with no negative side effects, it still grew quite well so I don't worry about overdosing with that stuff. Rumour has it Canna uses it in its products as the main stimulant.

Nice! I will half to check that stuff out.

No I've only leaf trained no topping or lst, I adjust the leaves pulling fan leaves under tops about every day.

Back